Chapter 10

At Mehra's Mansion.

Abhidnya's Pov.

"So, Abhi, what do you think about Shivansh? Don't you think you both are perfect for each other?"

"Mom, I met Shivansh just for the sake of your happiness. And I don't think we're anywhere near something which can be called as 'perfect'."

"Abhi, what made you think this? Is it again the whole 'I don't want to get married' thing?"

"Mom, dad I have made up my mind about the marriage thing. But how can I marry a guy to whom I don't even know properly? How can I settle with some random guy after meeting him only thrice when my dad refused me to even talk to boys?"

"I understand your worries dear. And you have a legitimate point. But do you have a solution to this?"

I'm very grateful to have such an understanding parents.

"Dad, I think maybe if we both live together for a month or two, we will be aware of each other's habits and behavior. And we will also know each other better." I suggested hesitantly.

"That's a great idea, Abhi. I'll let Sandhya know about your suggestion."

"Okay, mom."

Shivansh's Pov.

"Shivansh, I just don't get this. What's your problem? Why do you have to always act rudely with Abhidnya?"

"Mom, I just don't like her. And she's just pretending to be nice. She's not!"

"How are you so sure about this? And if you don't like her then do you like anyone else?"

"No, I don't like anyone else. I told you this before the blind date too. And please don't ask me questions about her. I really don't want to talk about it."

"Shivansh, enough with all this. You can't just say that you don't want to talk about something and then just end the topic right there. That's not how it works. Give me valid reasons and I won't talk about it ever again."

"Okay, fine. I don't have any reasons."

I knew I can't defend myself now.

"This is not done, Shivansh. You very well know how badly I want to see you getting married and then I also want to play with my grandchildren. I want to tell them stories and also your childhood tantrums. That's my only dream left, please take this seriously." She said with tears in her eyes.

God! My mom and her tantrums.

"Mom, I'll fulfill your dreams please don't cry. You very well know that I can't see tears in your eyes. I'll do as you say."

"I want you to meet Abhidnya and decide about living together."

"LIVING TOGETHER?" I yelled in surprise.

"Yes, that's the only way you both will get to know each other properly."

"Oh okay, mom. I'll meet her."

I know that Mom is right. She has found the perfect girl for me.

But the only thing I'm not getting is why Abhidnya is not accepting her mistakes.

She can end this cold war by apologizing genuinely but she wants to run away like always.

I left the Shetty's Villa as I had a meeting to attend.

I'm not going to message Abhidnya this time. Let her text me and request me to meet her.

I got busy preparing files for the meeting. I went to the meeting after an hour. The huge project is just one step away after this meeting.

After 3 hours of meeting, I returned to my cabin. I checked my phone to see if I have received any message from Abhidnya.

Why so impatient?

Message: "Are you free tonight? 8 PM? We can have dinner at the Chinese restaurant close to my hospital.

I texted her back that I'll be there.

I reached the Chinese Restaurant and was finding a spot to park in the parking lot. I parked my car and saw Abhidnya waving her hand to catch attention.

I went up to her. She smiled and greeted me.

"Hey!"

I really like how she is always kind and humble to everyone. But she really changes her behavior when it comes to me. Not that she's rude but something changes, maybe vibe.

"I'm a very busy person and so are you. I can't keep doing this and for you to know the reason why I'm standing in front of you is my mom. I don't know why she admires you so much. I'm here just because of my parents and I'm not at all interested in getting married. And even if one day I get myself convinced to marry someone, it won't be you. Some habits just don't change. You obviously know what I mean!!!"

I fumed at her.

I don't know what got into me but I wanted her to know that I'm not some guy dying to marry her.

I know my words hurt her. I expected her to stop me from talking or even say something but she didn't even utter a word. She just smiled with tearful eyes.

"Thank you! For your valuable time, Shivansh."

And she left.

For the first time, I thought that I'm wrong and there is some missing piece in what I have been believing for the past 10 years.

**************************************

Hope you guys like it.

Happy reading !!!

Do comment, vote and share among your friends.

Social Media presence:

Instagram: @theheemalichaudhari [https://www.instagram.com/theheemalichaudhari/]

LinkedIn: Heemali Chaudhari [https://www.linkedin.com/in/theheemalichaudhari/]

Twitter: @theheemalic [https://twitter.com/theheemalic]

Quora: [https://www.quora.com/profile/Heemali-Chaudhari]