Chapter 12

Shivansh's Pov.

Not able to talk to Abhidnya properly was disturbing me a lot.

I even went to her cabin but she wasn't there. I knew she will be back to examine dad so I just sat in the dad's room.

Dad was shifted to a private suite as he is out of danger now.

After half an hour, I saw Abhidnya entering the room with a nurse. She instructed the nurse and she started doing her job.

Abhidnya was checking up on dad. I wanted to talk to her but also didn't wanted to disturb her.

She was about to leave when I felt dad's hand move. I stopped her.

"Abhidnya, dad's hand just moved."

She quickly gave him some meds and was waiting for dad to recover consciousness.

About 5 minutes later, dad opened his eyes and he was adjusting to the light in the room. I hugged dad carefully, I didn't even notice when tears started rolling down my eyes.

"I'm really sorry dad for my careless behavior." He just held my hand and smiled.

"Shivansh, it's okay. I'm not mad at you. I can see the guilt in your eyes and that just says all."

Abhidnya left after giving medicines to dad as to give us some room.

She entered the room after 15 minutes.

God! This girl is so understanding.

"Uncle, how are you feeling? How is the pain?"

"The pain is not worse, but I'm feeling really dizzy."

"Actually, that's because of the strong medications. Though I kept you on salines, you need proper healthy food so you won't feel dizzy and also the pain will be minimal.

"Oh okay, beta."

"Uncle, I have called Aunty. She will be here soon. Anything else do you want to ask?"

"Abhidnya, I know you won't allow this but I really want to go home. My work and everything is at home. Please, I request you."

"Uncle, please don't do this. At least wait till tonight and I'll be on supervision. If your condition gets better, I'll send you home but you have to promise me that you won't stress yourself and will take medicines on time. Also, I'll visit you every day so you don't have to worry about coming to the hospital for a checkup."

I wanted to stop dad right there when he said he wants to go home. He has always been working hard and doesn't care about his health. But the way Abhidnya made him understand was way better than what I would have done.

"Yes, I agree. Thank you so much for everything you're doing for me. And now as you and Shivansh are on good terms I don't mind you staying with us so you get to know each other better."

OH NO! Dad doesn't know what I have done. What should I even say now?

"Yeah, that is a really good idea, but I will need some time for packing and stuff. I hope you understand, Uncle."

"No worries, beta. I understand. Also, you can take Shivansh with you for help."

"Thank you, Uncle."

Thank God! Abhidnya saved my ass once more. I don't know how I'm going to repay her.

Abhidnya excused herself and I did too as mom and dad could spend some time together. We both left the room and now were standing in the hallway.

"Abhidnya, we need to talk. Please?"

"Okay, Shivansh. Can we go to my cabin?"

"Yes, sure." We started striding towards her cabin.

We sat in her cabin. She removed her coat and held her head. I knew she's very exhausted. Even though she's tired she smiles her way through.

"Abhidnya, I'm really sorry for acting like a jerk. Not only now but also 10 years ago."

"It's okay, Shivansh."

"Also thank you for saving my ass in front of dad."

"I had to do that. He's in a very serious condition. He's safe and out of danger but yeah the situation is still critical."

"I'm really sorry. I don't know what you think about me now but can we really give this a chance? I really like the recommendation you gave. We shall do this only if you agree."

"Shivansh, I would like to give it a chance too, but just know that we have to start this from step one, maybe like strangers. Because I can't say that I trust you or even know you enough."

"I agree with what you're saying. We will go stepwise and I won't force you for anything. Let's just be friends first."

"Yes." She said with a faint smile.

**************************************

Hope you guys like it.

Happy reading !!!

Do comment, vote and share among your friends.

Social Media presence:

Instagram: @theheemalichaudhari [https://www.instagram.com/theheemalichaudhari/]

LinkedIn: Heemali Chaudhari [https://www.linkedin.com/in/theheemalichaudhari/]

Twitter: @theheemalic [https://twitter.com/theheemalic]

Quora: [https://www.quora.com/profile/Heemali-Chaudhari]