Chapter 11

Shivansh's Pov.

I went to my apartment. I needed a drink very badly. I don't want to drink because I'm mad at Abhidnya but because I think I'm wrong. Maybe I have been wrong all these years.

This feeling of guilt was driving me crazy. My phone buzzed continuously. Of course, it was Mom, wanting to know about how the meet went or to know my whereabouts but I had no answers.

I switched off the phone. After entering my apartment, I sat on the couch and poured myself a drink.

I'm sure that a drink isn't enough to forget the guilt.

I woke up the next morning with a heavy head. I felt like banging my head on the wall to make the headache stop. I was still on the couch. I guess I passed out after remembering past scenarios.

I got up and started searching for my phone.
I switched on my phone. I saw the messages and the 30 missed calls from mom. The first thing I thought of doing was rushing to Abhidnya's hospital.

Oh god! How careless can I be?

I ignited my car's engine and drove off to Abhidnya's hospital. Mom must be really mad at me. Well, she has that right whenever her son acts like an asshole.

I asked the receptionist about Mr. Sanjay Shetty as I reached the hospital. She politely told me the directions to the ICU.

Just the mere thought of something happening to dad and me not being there was scaring the shit out of me.

I practically ran towards the ICU only to see my mom waiting outside the ICU impatiently. I went up to her. She was so scared. Just by looking at her, I knew that the condition of dad was bad and I have messed up really bad this time.

I made her sit and took hold of her hands. I tried consoling her. Even though she was mad at me she still hugged me.

After we parted, I saw tears running down and she was trying hard to speak.

"Mom please don't cry, calm down. Take deep breaths." I said while wiping her tears off.

"Shivu, I can't afford this loss. Your dad and you is all I have. Please don't leave me alone like this." She said with her lips trembling.

I wanted to hit myself so hard. How can I even do this to mom?

"Mom, I'm really sorry for my careless behavior, and trust me, dad will be fine. Please don't lose hope."

She just nodded. She hasn't even slept the whole night and on the other hand, I was drunk and lying on the couch like there were no other things in my life.

"Mom, what did the doctor say?"

"Abhidnya haven't been out of the ICU for 10 hours now. After calling you I thought of nothing else but calling Abhidnya. She came with an ambulance and took care of everything."

That's what a responsible person does.

"Oh okay, mom. Do you need something or at least have some rest."

Mom rested on my shoulder. I was impatiently waiting for Abhidnya now.

Even after acting like a jerk, she helped mom. I have never felt this guilty ever before.

I went to bring tea for mom as she woke up. When I came back with tea, I saw Abhidnya coming out of ICU. I glanced at my watch, it's been 23 hours. She looks exhausted.

She sat in front of mom and kept her hands on mom's lap. Holding mom's hands, she assured her.

"Aunty, Uncle is out of danger. He will recover in a week or two. I can't tell the exact days as he hasn't regained his consciousness yet."

"And please go home and have rest, also don't skip food. I know you were worried but how will Uncle feel when he will come to know that you skipped food and haven't rested properly? Don't worry, I'll be here to take care. Also, I'll let you know when he regains his consciousness." She continued.

"Okay, beta. I'll go home but promise me that you'll also do the same. Look at you, you're so exhausted and tired."

"Aunty it's my job and I'm used to this. But yes I promise you I'll do the same." She smiled and walked towards me.

"Mr. Shetty, can you please fill the details in the form?"

"Yes." I replied hesitantly as 'Mr. Shetty' was really unexpected.

Man, she's really hurt.

"The form is at the reception, I'll let the nurse know." She said with a small smile and left.

I called my driver and sent mom home. I went to the reception. The nurse came and gave me the papers. She also informed me that only the information is to be filled.

I sat in the corner and filled the form. I saw mom had already signed so I went to pay the bill.

I submitted the papers at the cash counter and asked for the amount of the bill.

"Sir, the amount is 1 Lakh rupees, but the bill has already been paid by Dr. Abhidnya Mehra."

"Thank you!" I said and went back towards the ICU. That's when it hit me. It's not Abhidnya who's egoistic, it's me.

Not once, not twice but I have hurt Abhidnya so many times thinking that I was the victim.

I need to talk to her and apologize to her.

**************************************

Hope you guys like it.

Happy reading !!!

Do comment, vote, and share among your friends.

Social Media presence:

Instagram: @theheemalichaudhari [https://www.instagram.com/theheemalichaudhari/]

LinkedIn: Heemali Chaudhari [https://www.linkedin.com/in/theheemalichaudhari/]

Twitter: @theheemalic [https://twitter.com/theheemalic]

Quora: [https://www.quora.com/profile/Heemali-Chaudhari]