Chapter Fifteen

chapter fifteen 

"Didn't you get my text?" 

Let's see.. did I get his text? Was it stuck in my head for over hours? Did I marvel over it? Did I get my hopes up? Did I maybe think that me and him could start over and slowly but surely get together and maybe in the future have kids? 

"I did." 

"Well?" 

"Well, what?" 

"Can we start over?" 

"Start over? Start what over? huh? What? Do you think you can just try and patch things up? Help me? I know what you want. You want me to trust you, and then when I've opened up to you, you're going to reject me and see me fall apart all over again." 

I couldn't quite figure out his expression, he didn't look confused or shocked or anything, he looked.. offended? Why the fuck is he offended? 

"Is that really.. what you think I'm going to do to you?" I almost scoffed, his voice was quiet, as if he was afraid of speaking too loud. Maybe he was afraid that I would leave if he spoke to loudly. 

"It's what everyone always does." I answered flatly, I wasn't looking at him, I didn't want to. I knew he was looking at me with some sort of pity. 

"I'm.. your mate, Blake. I will never do something like that to you." My eyes widened and I froze, I opened my mouth but no words were coming out. He saw my reaction, obviously he's right in front of me, and smiled. He took a step towards me and I took a step back. 

"No. You-- No, you can't just call yourself my mate like that. Yeah maybe we're destined together but you're just getting my fucking hopes up and that's hurting more than anything right now so just, don't." I turned around and continued walking. 

I wanted to go back and kiss him. 

I hate him, I don't want anything to do with him. 

Should I go back?  

I don't want him. 

I should go back.. 

I'm never fucking talking to him again. 

I'm not gonna go back, I have things to do. I'll text him later. 

God I fucking hate him so fucking much. 

I love him. 

I put Ace in the passenger seat, I threw the bag of clothes and baby formula in the back seat and went around the car and got in on the drivers side. I didn't have any problem starting the car, I never actually do. My mother hated the fact that I wanted a jeep, I never told her what type of jeep, to say she was relieved when she saw the black jeep Cherokee is an understatement. She was so fucking happy, I was scared that she would fucking explode. 

I shook my head at the memory and drove down the dirt road leading to my house. My house was really deep in the woods, far from any living creature, except for the goddamn bunnies that always made homes near my house. Some people would probably be weirded out by my house, some may think it's too much or not a suitable house to be in the woods, who cares? it's a fucking house. 

I got out of the car once I had parked outside of my house. I walked around my car and got Ace out of the passenger seat, he'd fallen asleep, not that fucking surprised really. I grabbed the bag from the back seat and went inside. 

---

"Ace, wake up." I said as I rolled onto my side to look at the sleeping pup beside me. Last night was tiring for him, when I had put him down on my bed he'd fallen asleep right away. 

Ace opened his eyes tiredly and yawned. He sat up and stared at me. I examined his body, he'd grown quite a bit already. He was the size of a chihuahua puppy when I found him and now he was the size of an adult doberman or... some other same sized dog. It's been.. what.. a day since I found him?  It's a good thing though, four year old pups were supposed to be pretty big already. 

He's already ready to shift. That means.. I'll have to trigger his shift. Fuck. I picked him up and went downstairs. I went straight to the kitchen and put him down on the counter. 

 I sighed and pushed Ace onto his back softly. I grabbed his leg and pulled on it slightly, not too hard but hard enough to trigger the shift. Not even 10 seconds later, his bones started breaking. 

I winced when he yowled in pain. I extended my hand to touch him but pulled back just as I was about to touch him. "you can't touch a pup who's shifting for the first time, it could kill them" My mother once told me. 

I heard a knock on my door and cursed. I can't leave him, I can't leave Ace on the fucking counter, what if he shifts while I'm at the fucking door? I cursed and ran to the door, opened it and not checking who it was and ran straight back to the kitchen just as Ace had fully shifted. 

He was still crying, he was probably scared since he couldn't see me. I ran towards him just as he was about to crawl off the counter, I picked him up. I breathed out a sigh of relief when he stopped crying the moment he saw me. 

"It's okay, you're okay Ace." He was tiny, obviously. I grabbed the bag that had his clothes in it and took out black sweatpants and a black t shirt. 

What? I hate colour. 

I grabbed one of the diapers from the package thingy and carefully put it on. He didn't put up much of a fight, he was calm, thank fuck. I put the clothes on him, he looked like a mini version of me. 

I looked down at my clothes, I was wearing a black t-shirt with black sweatpants. I heard a chuckle and snapped my head towards the door of the kitchen. 

"He already shifted?" Yeah he did, asshole, who the fuck gave him the right to follow me home?