Chapter Twenty-Five

chapter twenty-five

This time, Aedion lunged at me. I dodged it by lifting my paw and slashing it at his face. He yelled out in pain and I made a chuffing type of a sound.

"Dada! Watch out!"

I had no time to react to the fact that Ace just said his first words or the fact that something, feeling like a fucking bulldozer, hit my side and sent me flying into a tree. I whimpered when I hit the ground and I saw a small figure run towards me.

I shifted back just in time as Ace jumped on me, cupping my face in his tiny hands. He let go of my face and shifted. I felt him stand over me, trying to protect me with his tiny body. 

Not long after I saw a shadow loom over me and put my arm around Ace, making sure I was holding him.

"Didn't think a mutt would go down that easily." A voice said, I didn't recognize them. I saw the person, most definitely one of the vampires, raise their foot, I shoved Ace away from me and he yelped.

I was about to dodge the foot aiming for my stomach, but me being the big loaf that I am, had no time to react and just as I was in my side the vampire stomped down on my side and I yelled out in pain.

I saw Zander's brown wolf come into my line of view, I saw him grab Ace by the scruff of his neck and run off, most definitely to my house. I knew the moment Zander had seen him and understood that Ace was under my care that he had to make sure Ace was safe and that Zander had to protect him with his life.

"Jesus Christ" I muttered and looked at the person who'd literally stomped on me, what the fuck did I look like? 

A fucking leaf?

"Drystan, what the fuck?" Drystan smirked and crouched down beside me.

"I'll mate your kid whether you like it or not." I growled lowly at his statement but I couldn't move. I'm sure some of my ribs are broken.

"Blake! For fucks sake get up! Get the fuck up!" I heard Declan yelling from somewhere beside me but he wasn't close. I looked around and saw him being held back by Zach, why? I had no fucking clue. I slowly got up, looking at Declan the whole time. I didn't want to get up too fast in case it ruined my ribs even more. 

Just as I had gotten to my knees I felt Drystan's fist connect to my back. I heard Declan yell my name when I collapsed on the ground. 

"He can't shift, take him!" Aedion said as he watched me struggle to get up again. I felt hands grasp my bicep and I tensed. I shrugged the hands off harshly once they had gotten me to my feet. 

I slammed my arm into a tree, hard enough to break my arm and trigger my shift. I heard Aedion yell something about me shifting. It hurt, shifting, it didn't help that some of my ribs were broken. 

Soon enough I was on all fours right in front of Aedion. I lunged at him and scratched his arm, almost tearing it off his body. He yelled out in pain before shouting at his clan to, and I quote, 'retreat, this son of a bitch is fucking crazy!' 

They retreated immediately, and holy fuck were they fast, I forgot how fast vampires were. I felt a sharp pain in my rib and had to shift back. 

I almost fell but caught myself on a tree. I heard rushed footsteps and then felt someone grab my shoulder, I was about to growl until I smelt the scent of vanilla and roses. I instantly relaxed when I felt arms being wrapped around me. 

I felt myself being hauled up in someone's arms, most definitely Declan's and carried somewhere. None of my senses were working, I couldn't see or smell anything. I felt myself being lowered down on something after a long time, something soft. 

I heard people talking but it sounded like they were far away, too far away.