Chapter Thirty-One

chapter thirty-one

"Blake, I swear to fucking god, get the fuck up" Was the first thing Zach said when he saw me still lying in my bed. I had been lying in my bed ever since Declan had left, which was 4 days ago. He came over to me and grabbed my bicep.

"Let go off me." I grumbled and pressed my face more against the pillow that was under my head. Zach spit a curse at me before leaving my room, leaving me in peace.

Not soon after though I heard him come back, I felt the bed dip beside me but didn't move even when I felt his hand on my back. He started rubbing my back gently probably trying to get me up, even if it was making me more sleepy. 

"Blake, you have to get up." He said again, but this time it was in a gentler tone, as if he thought raising his voice at me would hurt me.

"How am I supposed to get up when the person who told me they loved me and would never leave, actually left?" I mumbled against the pillow and his hand stopped rubbing my back.

I heard him mumble something but couldn't make out what exactly he said, he got up and left my room, leaving me and Ace alone. I rolled over slightly to get a be able to look at Ace's cute face. He was holding one of my hands with both of his hands.

"Son, get the fuck out of bed." My eyes widened and I sat up quickly. At the end of the bed stood Ares.

"Where in the fuck did you come from?" I asked while getting up from bed completely forgetting I was only wearing boxers.

"Ah, I don't know, a portal? I heard your scream all the way to the goddamn god realm, Blake." My face flushed at that.

He heard me scream.. all the way to the fucking god realm?

Kill me now.

"So why did you scream?" He asked and I looked at my hands. What was I supposed to say?

Oh, my mate, the love of my life, left?

"I had to get a shot."

"A shot?"

"Yeah. A shot. Like a needle."

"So you screamed like a hydra was chasing you?" I stared at him with my lips in a thin line. I didn't know what to say. Maybe I was being chased a hydra, you never fucking know. How could my dad know if I was being chased by a hydra or not.

"Yeah."

He rolled his eyes and pushed me back down on the bed. I landed on my side and looked up at Ares, who had his arms crossed against his chest and a frown on his face. Then I felt a stinging pain in my head. I put my hand on the side of my head and groaned. My vision blinked and I saw some parts of what had happened with Declan, of him leaving.

"He left. Your husband left you?" He said more of statement than a question. I rolled onto my back and looked up at the ceiling longingly, wishing it was the night sky staring down at me.

"He was never my husband, probably never will be either." Ares frowned at that and opened his mouth like he was about to question my answer but stopped when I looked at him with a glare.

I felt a hand on mine and looked down to see Ace sitting beside me with his head on my stomach, staring up at me with a questioning look. I could tell he knew something was wrong but he didn't know what it was. 

I looked back up at the ceiling again.  God, I had to get up. Declan left, it isn't the end of the fucking world. 

Get the fuck out of bed, baby brother- was something my older brother would say if he saw me like this. I sat up and looked at the dresser that was placed beside the bed. I stood up slowly and walked towards it. 

"Take Ace to the living room." I said without turning around. I heard Ares scoff but he still did what I told him to do. 

I opened a drawer and took a black ring box out. I opened it slowly and saw the ring, it was black with a red stone and a red snake like pattern going all around it. I put the ring on my middle finger and put the box back in the drawer, pushing the white ring box to the very far corner of the drawer. 

I didn't want to look at that ring. 

I slammed the drawer shut when I had stared at the ring box long enough for Declan to come into my thoughts. 

I walked to the bathroom and quickly took off my clothes and hopped into the shower to quickly wash myself. When I was done, I didn't bother looking for good clothes, I just threw on the first thing that I found. Black long sleeved shirt and black jeans. 

"Blake! Your child is making a fuss over nothing!" I sighed and ran downstairs to Ace and Ares. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a man with Ares I didn't recognize but at the same time I did recognize him. 

Now I fucking knew why Ace was making a fuss. 

I quickly looked at Ace and saw that he had shifted and was in the man's arms. I narrowed my eyes at him and stepped closer to him. 

"Let the fuck go of him, or I'm going to rip your intestines out." I seethed and ignored the confused look Ares was giving me. The man put Ace down and he immediately ran to me. I crouched down and let him inhale my scent, it was the only way that would relax him. 

"Who the fuck is that? And why the fuck did you let him in my house? Did you fucking forget that this is my home not yours? That this is my pack? That I'm responsible for my packs safety? Get the fuck out." 

"What-" 

"I don't fucking care if he's Jesus himself, get the fuck out. You too dad." I growled and Ares sighed before he vanished, leaving me and the man staring at each other. 

"Get out, bitch" I said while flipping him off with the finger that had the ring on it. I saw him falter a little at that but he said nothing as he vanished, in the same way Ares had.