Chapter Twenty

chapter twenty

"Declan?" I called out and got a soft hum in return. I narrowed my eyes in annoyance. I walked into the living room and saw him sitting on the couch with Ace sitting on his lap.

"Can we talk?" I asked and leaned against the door frame. He looked at me and then back at Ace.

"What about Ace?" I felt my eye twitch and I growled lowly at him. He put his hands up in surrender and put Ace down onto the sofa, Ace didn't mind, I think he secretly liked being alone. I turned around and walked down the hall into a small study that I hadn't been in a few years. 

I leaned back against the desk and waited for Declan. He entered the study with a confused frown.

"Wha-"

"Do it"

"Do what, Blake?"

"Reject me." He seemed startled at my words. He took slow steps closer to me until he was right in front of me. I inched back when he raised his hand, my first thought was that he was going to hit me but he didn't, instead he placed his hand on my cheek.

"I won't reject you." He said softly. I stared at him blankly, I felt a buzzing feeling in my chest from his words. But a part of me didn't believe him.

"fine, I'll reject you. Declan Blackwood, I, Blake Villin, re-" Before I could finish he smashed his lips against mine. I stood there frozen in shock. He started moving his lips against mine even if I wasn't responding.

He was kissing me. Declan Blackwood was kissing me. Declan fucking Blackwood was fucking kissing me.

He pulled back with closed eyes. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. He chuckled softly at my shocked expression. I opened my mouth to say something, but only a weird wheezing sound came out and I started coughing.

I heard Declan laugh and I blushed. I, Blake Villin, a temperamental bastard, blushed. I'm not going to accept that. I looked at Declan, thinking my blush was gone. He stared in shock at my cheeks and I blushed even more.

"Oh my god, you're blushing." He breathed. I smacked his shoulder, it was supposed to be a hard smack but it ended up being soft. I scowled at his arm and he laughed.

"Don't get used to it" I said and shoved him away from me and walked around him. Just as I was about to leave the room, he grabbed my arm and shoved me against a wall.

"dude what the-" My voice broke off into a groan when he ground his hips against mine. I grabbed his bicep and was about to push him off when he spoke.

"please, please Blake. I want you, I need you.. I want to kiss you.." I stared into his eyes, trying to look for some type of a lie but there was none. He was telling the truth.

I pushed him off of me, I saw disappointment flash in his eyes. I placed my hand on his chest and pushed him back until the back of his thighs hit the desk. I bent my knees a little and grabbed his thighs, lifting him up and placing him  down on the desk.

I leaned closer to him and nuzzled my nose against his, surprising both myself and him at the soft gesture. I kissed him softly, softer than what I had ever thought I would.

His lips felt rough but soft at the same time. I pulled away, it was a chaste kiss, nothing else. He stared at me in annoyance and I raised a brow at that. He looked like he wanted to talk about the kiss but I left the room before he was able to.

I went back to the living room to see Ace watching Winnie the Pooh. I rolled my eyes at his form, he was sitting on one of the many black pillows, elbows propped up on his knees. I walked quietly over to him, which was not that hard since I walked quietly anyways.

I grabbed him around the waist and hauled him up in the air and he squealed. I blew a raspberry against his cheek and he giggled.

Yeah.

I guess I could live like this.