Untitled Part 2

I woke up, on the couch, to the sound of empty glass bottles crashing to the bottom of a trashcan and a head-splitting headache from hell. The night before was all a blur of missing time. All I could remember was the conversation that led up to us drinking. Barbie's voice poured into my ears, adding to my misery.

"Good morning, sleeping –" she paused. "I'd call you beauty, but I have to be honest, you look like shit." She laughed.

"Well, if we're being honest," I mumbled, squinting at her. "I feel like it too."

"Here, eat this." She said, throwing a paper sack at me. "It'll help."

"What is it?" I asked, opening it up to inspect it.

"It's breakfast." She said and went on, in gory detail, "A nice juicy, greasy, burger, smothered with-"

"Oh gods, please shut up." I begged her, about to throw up in the paper bag if she went on any further.

She smiled, suppressing a laugh at my agony, and went on cleaning up the mess we made last night.

I sat on the couch for a bit, eating the burger she'd bought for me, letting me eyes adjust to the brightness of the morning light. After a while it was time to get up, which took a few tries, but I managed to get to my feet and stay there.

I staggered to the kitchen, crumpled up the empty bag and through it in the trash, on top the bottles we emptied that night, and asked, "What happened last night?"

"We drank, we laughed, we made out, we argued, we cried, you passed out," she looked in the sink, "and somewhere in between all that, one of us puked in the sink." She said with her nose wrinkled.

Timidly I peaked in the sink. "Chunks, that's not mine." I declared. "I didn't eat anything yesterday, unless you want to count the toaster waffle I had for breakfast.

She groaned, excepting that it was hers, turned on the faucet and then the garbage disposal, which felt like it was pulverizing my brain. Squeezing a hefty dose of dish soap into the sink she began to wash it out. After she was done she dug under the sink, in one of the cupboards, and pulled out a can of air freshener and sprayed an unhealthy amount of it, to get rid of the smell that lingered in the air.

"Well, are you ready to go?" She asked.

"Go? Go where?" I asked, confused.

"On an adventure," she said, "you'll see when we get there."

"Okay," I answered, warily, "but, only after I take a shower."

I don't know why, but after a night of drinking like that I always seem to stink really, really bad and I wasn't going anywhere, not smelling like that.

"You know where the shower is." She pointed in the direction of it. "Don't take too long." She said as I was walking to it. "I have other things to do today too."

"I won't." I said stepping in and shutting the door, there was no need to turn on the light, the small window let in enough.

Her bathroom was twice the size of mine and probably still had room to spare. It held a tub, a walk in shower, a duel vanity, cupboards for bathing essentials and other things, and, of cores, a toilet.

I didn't even bother to look at myself in one of the mirrors, I didn't have to, I already knew what I looked like. Quickly I stripped off my disgusting smelly clothes and stepped in the shower, pulling my tail in as I shut the glass door behind me. Turning on the water I let it cascade over me, cold at first but soon it warmed up.

The hot water eased my headache as I held my head under it for a while, regretting ever to have accepted her challenge. What was I doing, thinking that I could beat her? Grabbing a bar of soap I began lathering up my fur, using my claws to work it into it.