Chapter 1

A/n: Hey guys! This is my first fanfic. Spare my faults pretty please?... ; )

Hinata

I woke up groggily, shutting down the obnoxious alarm and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I looked at the time.

6:30am.

"Oh no!" I screamed. "I'm gonna be late for practice!"

The door burst open and an angry little figure appeared. "Would you quit shouting and disturbing my sleep early in the morning, Shoyo!" Natsu stood in the doorway, with her stuffed bear under her arm, glaring at me with those sleepy eyes. She stomped out slamming the door behind her. I sighed and got ready for school. I ran down, stuffed a meatbun in my mouth and ran outside. "Have a great day!" mom called behind me.

I quickened my pace and pedalled faster. Kageyama might have already started practicing. Oh my god! He is gonna be so mad! I reached the gym and barged in.
"Sorry guys, I'm late..."
I faltered when I saw Kageyama throwing sets to a guy with reddish brown hair, I didn't recognize. I stopped in my tracks when I saw how high the guy could jump and hit all of his tosses. I snapped out of it when Sugawara waved his hands in my face.
"Hey, are you alright?"

I focussed on him and gave him big grin.
"Yeah of course I'm okay."

"I was just saying that you aren't late." he smiled, rubbing his neck. "Practice doesn't start until 7. Noya and Tanaka isn't here yet. So yeah.."

I looked back at Kageyama and the new guy. The guy was about my height, maybe a bit taller, and he was grinning at him.

"Him?" Suga asked, "He's a new teammate. Another wing spiker. Pretty good, don't you think?"

I grinned. "Yeah he's amazing!"

"And I thought you'd be jealous because he took away your precious setter from you." Tsukishima scoffed, walking towards me. Yamaguchi snickered.

I pouted. "Yeah right..why would I be jealous? Kageyama is all rude and all. Its a good thing, I don't have to deal with him anymore."

Daichi walked towards us and put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, Hinata. We still depend on that freak quick combo attack of you two."

I grinned at him. "I guess they both will create a new attack that will take us to the Nationals! It will be awesome!"

I walked into the changing room to keep my stuff and change into my gym clothes. I shut the door behind me and felt a pang in my chest. I don't know why but it hurt to see Kageyama tossing balls to some other spiker. He didn't even look at me when I entered the gym. Why did it have to hurt so much? I mean we aren't even that close or something. Or maybe we are. After so many matches and practices together, the time we spent in the playground practicing our special quick attack, weren't for nothing! We are more than just teammates. We became good friends. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much.

After changing, I walked out and saw everyone was already there. Coach Ukai and Takeda sensei was waiting for everyone to gather. We all surrounded Coach. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the new kid standing beside Kageyama. I felt a burn in my chest. That was my place. I am supposed to stand there.

"Alright," Takeda sensei said, "Since everyone is here, lets welcome our new teammate. This is Haruki. He's gonna be a wing spiker."

Haruki bowed. "I look forward to playing with y'all. Thank you for accepting me me as your teammate!"

Everyone introduced themselves and then he held out his hand for me. "Hey there, I'm Haruki. And you?"

Everyone was looking at me and for a split of second, my eyes met with Kageyama, I quickly looked away. For some reason, I couldn't meet his eyes.

I grinned at him. "Hey Haruki, I'm Hinata Shoyo. I'm a middle blocker. Nice to meet ya."

He looked up and down at me. "You're a middle blocker? Seriously?"

"Look, don't start with my height. I know—"

"That's amazing!" he interrupted with a big smile on his face. "I mean I don't have a great height either, so I know it can be a drawback. But you being a middle blocker, just boosted up my spirits. Wait...are you that Number 10 everyone is talking about?"

Wow. He was a talkative one. Then again, who am I to say that? I am another most obnoxious, loudmouth around here as well.
I smiled. "Yeah. I'm Shoyo Hinata, Karasuno's Number 10."

"Awesome!"

"Hey, stop giving me those goey eyes! It's creepy!"

Everyone laughed. Coach Ukai clapped his hands for attention.
"Let's have a practice match among yourselves, today. Suga, Nishinoya, Asahi, Tanaka and Hinata, on one team. Kageyama, Haruki, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi and Daichi on the other."

"Yes, sir!" Everyone dispersed. I won't deny the fact that it disappointed me that I won't be on the same team as Kageyama. What were his thoughts on that? Now that I mentioned, I haven't interacted with him since I arrived. Was that normal or.. am I not able to..?

We got into our positions. Sugawara gave me an assuring smile. "Hinata, you are hitting my sets with all your power today, alright?"

I grinned. "Of course."

Kageyama's team got the first serve. Tsukishima served and Nishinoya easily received it. "Nice receive!" I yelled, getting into my position. Sugawara threw his set and I hit the ball, scoring a point for our team.

"YEAAAH!" I and Sugawara bumped chests.

"Oi Boke!" Kageyama said, "Don't get too cocky about that point. I'm gonna take that back and win this one."

This was the first time he spoke to me all morning. Somehow it hurt me in the chest again but I grinned. "We'll see."

The ball was tossed and I saw Haruki. He was fast. Faster than I thought. In a split of second, the ball hit the ground. I couldn't even follow. Kageyama grinned at me. "I told you, I will take the next."

I gave him a half-hearted smile. "Yeah you did." I turned around and walked towards my position.

A/N Hey! So this is the first chapter. I hope y'all liked it. Gonna have a lot of things coming in. Please continue reading! And tell me in the comments about it. I'll update soon! :)