Chapter 2

Kageyama

As I came to the gym this morning, I saw this new spiker who joined as our new teammate. Its hard to admit but he was amazing. He was around Hinata's height and the kid could jump. He was probably another first year who joined. When he came to know that I'm a setter, he literally begged me to set some balls for him. The way he begged, reminded me of Hinata. I shook my head. I couldn't think about him at this point. He was somehow distracting me. I set the balls for this Haruki guy as he wanted.

When Hinata stepped into the gym, I felt like I was betraying. I mean I had no idea why I felt that way. I prevented looking at him and continued setting for Haruki. He didn't even approach me or asked why I was setting to some other guy. Guess, I was just overthinking. Why would he object? I mean Sugawara was a setter too. He could always set for Hinata. He wouldn't really need me around.

But now in this match, I challenged him that I would win.

"Yeah you did." he said, with a smile. There wasn't a bit of genuiness in that smile. Something told me, he wasn't in his normal self. He couldn't possibly be angry about not spiking my sets, would he? No. I am overthinking.

The match continued. 21/24. We could definitely win this. But they have Asahi, the ace on their team. But I am no less. I will do this on my own, if needed.

"Just so you know, I would prefer if you would keep your King instincts down for this match, since you don't have the shrimp around."

I turned and glared at Tsukishima. He had to be salty every damn time. As much as that annoyed me, it made me realise something as well. I was actually thinking to win by myself again.

"I wasn't trying to." I gritted my teeth.

"What does that mean?" Haruki asked. "What are King instincts? And who's the shrimp?"

Tsukishima snickered. "We have a King of the court here, who likes to do everything on his own. And the only one who can suppress all those type of mishaps is the shrimp who is on the other side of the net now."

Yamaguchi snickered. "Tsukki, I think you went over the board."

"You better watch your mouth, Tsukishima!"

"Are you guys gonna play or argue?" Daichi asked, calmly. When we turned, he gave us his infamous creepy face and we all stood in our positions.

I have to keep my calm. One more point and we win this match. Haruki was an amazing spiker and he adapted to my sets even faster than Hinata. As the ball came in my hands, I deduced everything in a split of second. Three blockers on Haruki's side and my path was clear. I did a setter dump. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the disappointment in Haruki's face.

"Awe no!" he complained. "You used me as a decoy! No fair!"

"Sometimes, you need to make the opponent confused." I said. Besides, Hinata would never complain of being a decoy. After all, he was Karasuno's best decoy.

The match ended. I grinned down at Hinata over across the net. "Oi Boke! I told you. I won."

He grinned back. "Seems like you got lucky there. Anyway, congratulations."

Wait. What? He was congratulating me? Since when?

He walked outside the gym. I heard Sugawara asking if he was feeling okay. He smiled like he always does and said he had never felt better. I picked up stuff and ran after him.

"Oi Hinata!"

He stopped and turned back. "Kageyama? What's up?"

"I.."  Crap. Why am I stuttering? "Well...y-you played well."

Hinata tilted his head. "Are you alright, Bakayama?"

"What!?" I asked, surprised.

"You complimenting me is something out of the blue." he snickered.

I cleared my throat, flustered. "Just take the compliment, dumbass! Its rare." I paused. "By the way, why are you leaving so early? I mean you usually stay back to practice."

"You're being too considerate, Kageyama." Hinata waved his hand, chuckling. "You better throw some of your awesome sets to Haruki. He's an amazing spiker, y'know?"

"So you don't want to spike my sets, is that right?"

"Uh..well...I'm kinda busy today." Hinata looked away. "See you later."

"You aren't mad, are you, dumbass?" I called out after him. But he probably did not hear. He seemed kinda off today. Is he upset about something? He is usually jumping around like the cheerful ball of sunshine he is. Never before did he deny to spike my tosses. I went back inside and practiced with Haruki for another hour.

After school was over, I walked home. I still wondered what made Hinata so upset. Then again, why is that bothering me so much? It's not like I care what happens to that dumbass anyway!

A/N Heh. Kageyama's a sweetheart. >///<
Tell me how you liked this chapter in the comments, guys!!! Lift me up a bit. It's my first fanfic and all! =3=