Chapter 3

Hinata

"You're not mad, are you, dumbass?" I heard him call after me but I pretended not to hear and simply walked away.

Yes, I am mad. It just...I don't know..it hurt. Since the beginning of the first year, we were known as the freak quick duo and we were inseparable. I mean not that we were great chummies outside the court but we did spend a lot of time together all day long. After practice, we walked home together and compete on everything. In just one day, everything went upside down. Kageyama literally ditched me. I mean I don't mind him setting for someone else but he didn't pay me any heed before the match. Its probably bothering me too much. I cycled home right after the practice.

Later that evening, I got a text from Daichi.

Daichi: You better attend your classes, kid.

Me: sorry, senpai. wasn't feeling good.

Daichi: that's okay. just inform the school at least. or else you probably wouldn't be allowed to go for the tournament. Takeda sensei just told me to inform you.

Me: roger!

Sheesh! I should probably stop thinking about that stupid guy and concentrate on my school. I sat with the previous homework.

Next day, I ditched practice and went straight to attend the classes. I didn't wanna meet Kageyama. I did get a earfull from my homeroom teacher for not attending the other day.
During lunch, I sat alone on the roof.

"Oi Boke!"

I looked toward the Kageyama. He had a scowl on his face (when doesn't he?). I stuffed my meatbun in my mouth and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why did you ditch practice?"

I swallowed. "I uh..you know how I got yelled for missing my classes.. so yeah I had to go attend the classes so I couldn't come from practice."

The look he gave me proved that my excuse wasn't convincing.

"Hinata.." He sat across me. I don't know why but my heart started beating faster. What the hell is this now? I couldn't even make an eye contact.

"Y-yeah?"

"Something is up with you."

"W-why would you think that?" I barked out a laugh.

"That was forceful. Why are you laughing when you don't want to?"

"Now you are overthinking, Bakayama!"

"You are not yourself, dumbass! I saw you the other day. You were too quiet for my comfort. I mean seriously.. are you mad about Haruki spiking my tosses or what?"

"Jeez, Kageyama!" I exclaimed, shocked. I wasn't. I was mad. "Why the hell would I be mad?"

"You are the one who always spikes my sets so I thought maybe you would be jealous..?"

I laughed. "Jealous? Kageyama, are you my lover or something? Why the heck will I be jealous?" After a moment, I paused thinking what I just said. Heat rose to my cheeks as I looked up at him. "I uh..I have to go to the bathroom." I rushed out of there. I heard Kageyama calling behind me but I quickly ran and locked myself inside a bathroom. I panted and my heart raced. What is going on with me? It doesn't feel right. I sat on the toilet seat, took out my phone and texted Sugawara.

Me: Senpaiiiii! :(

Suga: yes Hinata?

Me: I have something to talk to you about.

Suga: okay meet me after school.

I walked outside all flustered and sweaty. I walked down the hallway towards my class. But then I bumped into someone.

"Sor—Hinata?" I looked at the person, who was grinning like a fool at me. Haruki.

(A/N Y'all thought it was Kageyama, but it was me, Dio! XD Just kidding!)

"Oh hey Haruki! How's it going?"

"It's fun here, y'know! Especially volleyball! Back in my middle school, no senior would be so friendly with the juniors. But here all the senpais are so damn good. Technically you are my senpai too, even though we're both first years. I joined late after all."

I grinned. "Karasuno is really great and so are the people." I looked at him for once. "So you are enjoying volleyball huh?"

"Of course! Its the best thing ever. Like you know Kageyama's sets are the best. Its so fun to toss."

Exactly. Just hit where it hurts the most.

"Yeah I know right?"

"Of course you do! You are his premium spiker after all." He smiled.

I didn't see that coming. "Huh?"

"Everyone talks about your special quick attack! Hey, can you guys show me that at the after school practice today please? I haven't seen that yet so I'm kinda thrilled about it. Please? Don't deny!"

How could I after he gave me those goey eyes? I rubbed my nape and smiled at him, "Okay.. if you insist."

"Yaay!" Haruki jumped up and down. Guess, this kid was more energetic than me.

I walked into the gym after school.

"Shoyou!!!" Nishinoya jumped at me. "Hey why are you avoiding practices?"

"I just caught in school works. Heh." I said.

"Lies!" Tanaka yelled and then lowered his voice. "I'm sure you're jealous of that new kid because he stole your dear setter."

I saw Kageyama staring at us and turned red. "N-no! Tanaka-senpai! Why would I be? Ask Daichi-senpai!! He knows!"

Nishinoya and Tanaka kept teasing me about it. I felt so embarrassed with Kageyama staring at me.

"Hinata-senpaiiiiiiii!!" Haruki screamed and jumped at me. Nishinoya and Tanaka moved out of the way.

"Woah! Hey Haruki!"

"You're gonna show me right?" he asked.

"Uh yeah.. sure.. why not?" I smiled.

"Its showtime!" he cheered.

Noya and Tanaka asked him what he was talking about and he explained how he wanted to see our combo attack and all. Noya and Tanaka smirked at me. I flushed again and positioned myself on the court.

"Yachi-chan, can you throw the ball?" Kageyama asked.

"Yes of course!" Yachi threw the ball to him. Kageyama threw it in my direction. I ran and jumped high. The ball stopped in front of my hand and i hit it. BAM! It hit the court.

Haruki jumped up and down clapping his hands. "Wow! That was super duper awesome!! One more time pleaseeee!"

"No Haruki..I have to go.."

"What's with you?" Kageyama stood beside me. "When did you start denying to play volleyball?"

I looked up at him and regretted it. As we locked eyes my heart started pacing faster and heat rose to my face. "Actually I have to meet up with someone." I quickly rushed outside the gym avoiding everyone's stare.

"I think I know what you wanted to talk about."

I looked up and saw Sugawara smiling at me.