Chapter 4

Hinata was already flustered and was about to run away when Sugawara arrived.

"I think I know what you wanted to talk about." Sugawara said.

"H-huh?" Hinata stuttered. "I uh.. haha.. I don't know what you mean. He looked behind and saw his team members gathered at the gate. He couldn't possibly talk about anything in front of them.

Sugawara sensing his uncomfortableness, put an arm around his shoulder. "Hinata!" he smiled. "Let's go take a small walk, shall we?"

Hinata nodded his head vigorously, turning totally red.

When they were finally alone, Sugawara put his hands on his waist. "You like him, don't you?"

Hinata's eyes widened. "Huh? What? No way!"

"No point in denying." Sugawara said. "You've been acting weird around him lately, stealing glances when you are not practicing, blushing like a mad man and now you're jealous of Haruki."

Hinata gulped being guilty. He couldn't stop himself from doing things like that. It happens everytime when he's around Kageyama. "But this is not right, Suga-senpai!"

"What is?"

"These feelings! Whenever I am around him, my heart is like BWAH and GAH! His tosses makes me so happy and it feels like I can practice with him forever without a break."

"See, I told ya, you l—" Sugawara stopped looking at him. "Hinata?"

Hinata looked at him with tears streaming down his eyes. "I don't know Suga-senpai..." he said between sniffles, "This is not right. We're both guys and he could never like me back. I feel pain in here." He points at his chest.

"Hey..hey, Hinata.." Sugawara hugged him, ruffling his hair. "Don't cry, its okay. Its not wrong. A guy can have feelings for another guy. Its absolutely normal. And you won't know until you give it a try, will ya?"

"No...what if he hates me? I don't know...I'm staying away from him until I get a grip and move on."

"Hinata...you're overthinking." Suga sighed. "But if that's what you want, then be my guest. But moving on, Hinata, is a very hard thing. Think about it."

Hinata nodded and smiled at him. "Thank you, Suga-senpai. I could at least share this with you. I feel a little better."

"Anytime." Suga smiled. "Call me or just drop a text if you wanna talk."

Hinata waved to him and ran towards his bike, riding back home.

Kageyama didn't understand why was Hinata behaving so weirdly all of a sudden. He wasn't the type of person who would avoid playing volleyball. He was one of the most energetic person he had ever met. As for their past practices and tournaments, Kageyama had seen how enthusiastic Hinata was about volleyball. So what was this sudden change?

After showing their freak quick combo to Haruki, Hinata stormed out of the gym. Then he walked out of the school with Suga. First he decided not to follow them. But he couldn't control his curiosity. He picked up his belongings and ran after them. They say, curiosity kills the cat. When he followed them secretly, he found Sugawara embracing Hinata. But why? What was wrong? He then biked away. He casually walked past Sugawara.

"Ah..Kageyama!" Sugawara called.

"Y-yeah?"

"You're going home already?"

"Yes. I have to pick up some groceries and I have homework to do."

"I was surprised. You usually practice late."

"Even Hinata does. But he seemed off lately. I don't know why." Kageyama looked up and saw Sugawara raising an eyebrow at him. "I mean..i-its not like I care if he practices or not! Its just unusual for him to go home so early. That's all."

Sugawara smiled to himself. "Why are you getting so worked up, Kageyama?" He patted his shoulder, laughing. "Try chilling sometimes, you hot-headed boy!"

Kageyama quickly walked past him, embarrassed.

"If you're worried about him, don't hesitate to ask him yourself!" Sugawara called out behind him. He knew these two are meant for each other. Daichi walked towards him and asked him what was going on.

"Oh nothing." Sugawara chuckled. "Just some rosebuds about to bloom real bright."

They both walk back home together.

Kageyama plopped into his bed, tired of all the homework. His parents weren't home that evening. So he had to make his own dinner. Laying on his bed, his mind drifted towards the events at school and stuck on the orange-haired boy. Soon he drifted off to sleep.

Kageyama saw himself walking alongside Hinata after school. The shorter boy was rambling and smiling about something but he couldn't make out what he was saying. He focused on his face. His eyes held so many emotions, cheerful always. His smiling face made his heart flutter.

"Hey! Bakayama!" Hinata waved his hand in his face.

"What dumbass?" Kageyama asked, glumly, hiding the smile that was forming on his face.

"Do you...do you have anyone you like?..."

Kageyama's butterflies took a rather quick pace. Calm down, he told himself, its probably nothing. But the feeling wouldn't stop. He felt himself blush when his eyes locked with Hinata.

"And what if I do?"

"I was just curious. So do you?"

Kageyama couldn't control the emotions any longer. He bent down and pressed his lips against Hinata's and surprisingly, he kissed back. Kageyama pulled back.

"Does that answer your question?"

Hinata smiled and his heart melted. "I wish this wasn't just a dream."

Kageyama's smile faltered and everything turned black.

Kageyama woke up and looked around. He was in his room. It was all a dream. He felt something down. He lifted his blanket and looked at his pants. His eyes widened.

"Did I just have a wet dream about that dumbass?" he murmured to himself.

He turned red and held his face his hands. How can he face him in this state?

A/N Kageyama having a wet dream about his dumbass, heh. This is gonna turn interesting! ;)