Chapter 6

Kageyama

Hinata ignored me for a week and had that nerve to run off with Yachi on a damn date. Like is he that oblivious about my feelings?
Wait...what am I thinking? What feelings? I do understand that I am feeling something different when I am around him. Every time he crosses my mind, I have butterflies in my stomach and my heart starts beating faster. I debated on it while walking home. This won't turn out good. I can't be falling for that dumbass. But then why was I jealous when he asked Yachi out or when Sugawara sets balls from him? I mean I know he and Sugawara will never be a thing but Yachi could be. I held my head in my hands as I stood in the middle of the road. Damn, my head is going to blow up with so many thoughts. I started walking again. Then suddenly a blinding light blocked my view and the next thing I knew I was lying under a tree.

I tried sitting up but a sudden pain shot up my legs and my arms burned. Somehow I managed to sit properly. I looked around. It wasn't far from the main road. I was in the wild bushes near the road. Looked like I got hit by a vehicle and ended up here. Thankfully, my bag didn't flew off. I took out my phone and saw it was late. 11:45pm. Oh no! It was way too late. Not that it mattered when I live alone. But I need help getting home. I sighed. One person. I texted Hinata.

I felt bad asking him to come out this late because he lives pretty far away. But I also felt good since he agreed to meet me. The closest thing around here is the park crossing which is my house. I feel like a lost puppy. Then I heard the sound of paddling.

"OI! KAGEYAMA!"

And there he is.

"OI! BOKE! LOOK HERE!" I shouted.

Hinata spotted me and saw his eyes widen. I think it was funny. Even the smallest of things tend to get that little shrimp all worked up. He rushed towards me and fell on his knees.

"How did this happen?" he asked, panic was clear in his voice. He placed his fingers on my leg and traced it. My whole body shivered as heat rose to my face. Why is he making me feel this way?

"W-what a-are you doing, d-dumbass?!" I stuttered, swatting his hand away.

"You're injured, Bakayama!" he snapped. "You can't even take care of yourself! What were you thinking? Your legs and arms are scraped and bloody. Get up now, I'll help you home."

Wait. Is he...

"H-Hinata?" I said, grabbing his hands as he was getting up. "Are you..are you crying?"

Hell he was! Tears streamed down his eyes.

"What? No!" he said, sniffling. "Why would I cry? Just get up. I'll help you, okay?"

I took his hand and slowly stood up. I might have sprained my leg. But I guess it would be alright. Hinata took my hand and put it around his shoulder and I blushed furiously. Fortunately, it was dark and he couldn't see my face. How embarrassing!

"You sure got a lot of nerve helping a figure huger than you in the dark of the night." I mumbled.

"What the hell are you saying, you baka!" he yelled. "I am the only one around here who can help you now! If you want I can leave you here and you can bleed to death."

"Stop yelling, dumbass! And you are helping me home or I'm gonna never set to you again."

I don't why but I noticed his face fall.

"Right."

We walked in silence and then stopped in front of my house.

"Would you..um.. come in, maybe?" I asked, my face was red, I'm sure.

"Of course, I'm going to!" he yelled. "Who do you think is going to do all the first aid for you? I'm sure you can't do that alone, can you?"

"I guess you're right." I said, running my hand through my hair.

                                           ~•~

The two boys settled in Kageyama's room. Hinata went into his bathroom to get the first aid kit. His heart thumped louder now that he was so close to him. He gripped on his T-shirt to calm himself down. Putting on a fairly normal face, Hinata went out to tend Kageyama's wound.

"It's gonna hurt a little, hang in there, okay? " The orange head said, dabbing antiseptic to the raven-haired male's scraped elbow. Kageyama winced a little but somehow he felt better with Hinata around. This was the chance. He could talk to Hinata. He knew he could.

"Hey uhm..Hinata?" Kageyama said, his heart was going berserk.

Hinata looked up at him, butterflies in his stomach. So close.

"What happened?...what happened between us?" Kageyama asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You know how you are acting all strange and all.. especially around.. around me.."

Hinata laughed nervously. "I don't know what you're talking about, Bakayama. You are—"

Kageyama grabbed him by his shirt. "Don't toy with me, dumbass! You are avoiding me! Its been a week you aren't even talking to me. And volleyball? What's with you? You are skipping practices and you don't even ask me to toss for you anymore! Do you have any idea how that makes me feel, Hinata?"

Hinata doesn't look him in the eye but lets out a small breath he didn't know he was holding. "Why does that bother you, anyway, Kageyama? You have a new spiker to toss your balls. You don't need me anymore around you. He is better, faster and can jump higher than me. The team needs someone...someone like him. Not me."

"Wh-what are you saying?"

Hinata looked at him a sad smile played on his lips as a lone tear fell from his eyes.

"You're not my setter anymore, Kageyama!"