Chapter 7

Kageyama felt his entire world just shattered to pieces. Hinata's words ringed in his ears.

You're not my setter anymore.

This couldn't be happening. Kageyama was his setter and Hinata was his spiker. No one else could have been better.

Hinata stood up wiping his eyes. He headed towards the door. "Guess you'll be okay now, Bakayama!" He looked back and grinned at him. That's when Kageyama saw it. That smile wasn't real. Thousands of pain hid behind it. He knew what he had to do.

As Hinata started opening the door, Kageyama scrambled his way towards him, grabbing his hand and pinning him to the door. Hinata's face flushed when he saw how close their faces were. Oh no, too close!  He thought.

"K-Kageyama, wh—"

"You're wrong!" Kageyama said. "You don't understand anything! How could you say something like that?"

"Wha—"

"No you will listen to me now!" Kageyama's breath quickened, his heart was racing. "Do you have any idea how you make me feel, Hinata? Everytime you smile, it kills me. It kills me that I can't join you in that happiness! You avoiding me this entire week made me go nuts. I would wait for you every day after practice just so I could go home with you. And you come out to me saying I'm not your setter anymore? It hurts right in my heart here, Hinata! And I die everytime you are around. I can't make it stop because I'm falling for you, you dumbass!"

Hinata stared at him, in surprise and delight when he said all those things in one go.

"Kageyama I—"

"Go ahead, call me a freak." Kageyama yelled, tears streaming down his eyes.

Hinata cupped his face with his hands. "Kageyama, will you give me a chance to speak, you big idiot?"

Kageyama felt his face growing hot under Hinata's touch.

Hinata took a deep breath and smiled, wiping Kageyama's eyes. "I like you too, Bakayama!"

Kageyama felt his knee wobble as he started falling over Hinata. The latter grabbed him by his shoulder and his head buried itself in the crook of his neck. The two boys sat down in front of the door in silence. Hinata ran his hand through Kageyama's hair. The boy was silent but he wasn't sleeping.

"You know, Kageyama, its been a long time since I started realising that I have feelings for you. Haruki just made them go berserk." he chuckled. "I love playing volleyball with you. I love being around you. But that day, when I saw you tossing to Haruki and after that every day you bith started practicing together, I felt left out, ignored and thought maybe you wouldn't want me around. To be precise, I was jealous of that guy. So I talked out to Sugwara-senpai. He said I had to make a move or it will hurt. But you know I couldn't." Hinata wrapped his arms around him. Kageyama didn't say anything. His head was still buried in Hinata's neck.

"I felt like I should move on," he continued. "I felt that if I confess then you would call me a freak and that would make it worse. So I thought if I avoid you for sometime, I'll get a grip on my feelings and then we could go back to being how we were."

"You are a dumbass, you know that, dumbass?" Kageyama murmured.

"How many 'dumbass'-es did you fit in there?" he laughed.

Kageyama picked his head up and looked into Hinata's eyes. His head felt light and his heart started racing again. Hinata blushed deeply. Their faces were inches apart before Kageyama closed in the space, smashing his lips against Hinata's. They kissed for what felt like eternity and they wished the time just stopped. They wanted this moment to freeze forever. When they pulled away, their faces were flushed and they smiled at each other. They snuggled together, eventually falling asleep.

Next day, they went to practice together. The team was waiting for them. Sugawara had a huge smile on his face when he saw the two boys enter the gym. Tanaka and Nishinoya jumped at them.

"Finally! Our long awaited ship finally happened!" Noya jumped up and down.

"Y-you guys knew all along?" Hinata asked, blushing.

"Of course, you idiot!" Tanaka slapped him on his back. "I mean look at you guys, you never leave each other's side even outside the court."

"Looks like the King finally found his Queen." Tsukishima scoffed.

Kageyama gritted his teeth. "You better watch your mouth, four eyes!"

"Awe Tsukki.. don't be that way!" Yamaguchi laughed.

Daichi clapped. "Alright. Time for practice. It's good to see you two back together."

Both the boys blushed and everyone laughed.

"Oi boke!" Kageyama called out to Hinata, with a ball in his hand. "Wanna spike my sets?"

Hinata beamed as he jumped. "Do you even need to ask, Bakayama? You're MY setter after all!"

Kageyama smiled and tossed the ball to him. The ball stopped right in front if Hinata's hand as he hit it. The ball hit the court and both the boys cheered. They smiled at each other like they never did.

A/N
HEY! SO ITS OVER. This was my first fanfic ever. Do tell me how you like it. I think I might have made a lot of errors out there but please don't mind them. I will try to improve. Till then SAYONNARAAAAA!! <3