Chapter 24

"Hey uh... Naomasa?"

I looked up from my desk and saw Sansa standing in front of me. "What's wrong Sansa?"

"Well... I have an itch on the back of my neck and was wondering if you would maybe-"

"-Pet you? To get rid of it?"

"Yeah..."

"Alright come here," I said. So I did as Sansa wanted: I pet him. We do this quite a lot, but he always gets embarrassed to ask. "There you go. Now, I've got to get home. Toshi said he has a surprise for me."

"Ohhh I know what it is. I think you'll love it!"

"Mhm. Well see you later Sansa!"

~

"Hey dad!" A girl with orange yelled as I walked through the door.

"Aiko! What are you doing here?" I asked surprised. I walked over to her and hugged her.

"Well, I was talking with dad number two and Sansa the other day and... I got you something! Close your eyes!"

"Okay okay," I did as she said and closed them. "So is this something that will give me a heart attack or no?"

"Maybe," she said before sneezing. "Alright, open!"

I opened my eyes to see Aiko holding an orange striped cat. She placed it in my arms and smiled.

"That, father, is your surprise! I know you've been wanting one and I found him on a mission a while ago. I tried to keep him but it turns out I'm allergic so he's yours now!"

"Thank you!" I said excitedly as I pet him. "I love him! What's his name?"

"Sploot! Izzy named him! Don't know how she came up with it, although he does kinda just... Sploot into a blob form sometimes."

"Sploot... It's strange but I like it!" He hopped out of my arms onto the couch and layed down. I pet him one more time before going over and hugging Aiko. "Thanks again."

"Of course! Oh I almost forgot! Izzy said when she's back from their honeymoon that she'll bring him some toys. There's a pet store there!"

"Oh that's great! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a cat to bond with."