A Random Encounter

Gary P.O.V

I ran towards the Pokémon center with the injured Pokémon in my arm and Umbreon right next to me.

When I got there I immediately called for Nurse Joy.

"Nurse Joy! I need help! I found this Pokémon and it needs to be healed!" I said with urgency in my voice.

"Oh my, poor Popplio I'll heal it right away!" She said and headed towards the emergency room.

I sat down and waited for her to be done.

I started to fiddle with my Keystone, which is a bad habit that I started to do ever since Ash left for Alola.

With Umbreon next to me I got lost in thought.

'A Popplio huh? No wonder I didn't know what it was, I've never been to this region before, so I don't know any Pokémon here. Everything is different here, maybe when I find ash-'

My thoughts were interrupted when Umbreon got up and looked at the door signaling that someone was coming.

I looked at the door to see a boy with blonde hair come in. He was wearing a black jacket and pants with rips all over with a red satchel over his waist.

I guess he saw Umbreon and looked at her. I snapped my finger and she returned to my lap.

The boy must have been surprised because he just stood there and stared at us.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"No, no" he said and walked over to the desk.

"Nurse Joy is busy in the emergency room" I said not looking up.

"Oh, ok" he said and sat down.

'Well this is awkward' I thought while petting Umbreon.

I felt like I was being watched so I looked up and the boy was staring at me. He was looking between Umbreon and my keystone.

When he saw me look at him he looked away with an embarrassed face.

'Weird' I thought.

When the emergency room light turned off I saw Nurse Joy holding Popplio

I got up and went to talk to Nurse Joy.

"How is Popplio?" I asked.

"Popplio is ok just a few scrapes, but it's overall condition is normal" she said happily.

"Thank Arceus" I said with relief in my voice.

"Are you it's trainer?" She asked.

"No I just found it by the beach and brought it here" I said avoiding telling her about Team Skull.

"Oh well it does have a trainer, maybe it got lost" she said.

"Maybe, I'll take care of it for now and I'll find its trainer while I'm on the island" I said offering to help.

"That would be great thank you!" She exclaimed and gave me Popplio.

"No problem!" I said.

I turned around to find that guy looking at me again, but I ignored him.

I glanced at Umbreon and she started to follow me.

When we got outside I saw a clearing and sat down in the middle of it.

"So your name is Popplio, huh?" I said.

"Pop!" It said.

"Well it's great that your ok! Now to find your trainer.." I said in deep thought.

I heard a rustle behind me.

"Shadow ball!" I said and Umbreon launched a powerful shadowball at the noise.

It was about to hit when another shadowball hit it and they collided making a small explosion.

I got up and saw the boy from before.

"What do you want" I said ready for a fight.

"I'm just here to talk" he said.

'He looks serious enough' I thought, "Fine, but no funny stuff" I said.

When he came out another Umbreon was following him.

'So that's the other Umbreon' I thought not showing any facial expression.

For some reason he looked dejected when I didn't show a facial expression.

Both of our Umbreons looked at each other and the guys Umbreon started to approach mine.

My Umbreon stood still, she looked up at me and I nodded. With that nod she proceeded to move and examine him too.

"You two must have a great connection for her to know what you mean at a glance, snapp, or nod" He said with amazement in his voice.

"Yeah I guess we do, my name is Gary" I said.

"My names Gladion"

There we go! The next chaper of  Aloha! I said I would update today so here it is. I decided to make Gladion a litter softer and to be amazed at Gary and his "communication" with Umbreon. Sorry for the long wait I needed motivation and as5d5T gave me that little motivation I needed to finish this! Thank you! The next chapter might be out next week. Bye~

Publication date: August 8

Word count: 784