A lost Popplio and Confessions

Ash P.O.V

It's been about 6 months since I left Pallet town and came to Alola to begin another journey.

I've met so many new friends and caught Pokémon that I've never seen before!

But something is missing.....Gary.

I miss him so much, ever since I left I feel like something has been missing in my life.

The only thing I have to remember of him is the half heart Pikachu necklace he gave me.

I never let it out of my sight and I always make sure to clean it.

"Ash? ASH!?"

I immediately look up to see Mallow screaming at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Class ended 5 minutes ago and you're here thinking!" She said.

"Oh sorry, I guess I was just lost in thought..." I said.

"What were you thinking about anyway?" Mallow asked.

"Gar-I MEAN NOTHING AT ALL JUST MAKING NEW STRATEGIES!!!!" I yelled.

"Ok First of all ow. And second why is Pikachu looking down?" She asked.

I look over to see Pikachu on the railing looking sad and just slumping.

I walk over and stand next to him.

"What's wrong buddy?" I asked.

"Pika?" He asked questionably.

"I know something's wrong don't try to hide it" I said.

"Pika pika pika" Pikachu started to explain stuff and making hand gestures which I clearly understood.

"I know you miss Umbreon and I miss Gary too, but we set out on an adventure and I don't want to back down now" I said.

"Pikachu" Said the mouse Pokémon.

"Cmon I'll get you some malasadas~" I said.

Pikachu immediately perked up after that.

"GUYS!" Lana yelled coming into the classroom.

"What's wrong Lana" asked Kiawe.

"I was playing with Popplio on the beach, and I guess the tide was too strong" she was explaining almost bursting into tears "and I was getting out of the water, but the tide took Popplio and now she's gone!"

I looked out to the ocean and saw the the waves were getting fierce.

"Don't worry we'll find her" said Mallow trying to comfort Lana.

"Yeah she's probably down the coast waiting for you to come looking for her" said Lillie.

"Yeah...,maybe!" Said Lana hopeful.

"Don't worry even if she's not, me and Ash will go into town and look there, while Sophocles goes to the coast" said Kiawe.

"Yeah, and you girls can stay here while we go look for her" I said.

"O-ok" said Lana.

As we started to head out Lillie pulled me to the side.

"B-be safe, ok?" She said.

"Of course!" I said.

I knew all about the crush that she had on me, Mallow let it slip one day.

I knew I couldn't return those feelings because I had a boyfriend, but I never told anyone about us or even me being gay.

"Ash let's go!" Yelled Kiawe.

"Pika pika!" Yelled Pikachu

"Coming!" I said, "I gotta to see you later"

And I left before she could say anything.

As we headed into town we could see it was a busy day.

"Hopefully we don't get lost in this crowd" said Kiawe.

"Yeah" I said "Hold on tight Pikachu"

"Pika!" He yelled.

I wasn't even listening I was thinking about Gary.

We didn't call this morning like we always do so I'm kinda worried.

BOOM!

Everyone looked at the direction the loud noise came from and just smoke.

"I wonder what happened?" I said aloud.

"Maybe someone is having a battle?" Kiawe said.

"That boom was so powerful! I'm gonna go see if I can challenge that person!" I said running off.

"ASH!" Kiawe said following me.

I really wanted a heated battle to get my mind clear and I always have fun during battles so it might help.

When I got to where the boom was I saw a lot of people around it and when I got through the crowed I was amazed.

There was a crater in the ground about a few inches deep into the ground.

"pikaaa :0" Pikachu said amazed.

"Whoa" said Kiawe.

Everyone around us started to gossip and I overheard that it was a brunette with Dark Viridian eyes who did this.

Could it be.....

No it can't be Gary's in Pallet Town and I just saw him there yesterday when we called.

It couldn't be him....

Right?

There we go another chapter of the book I am SO sorry I haven't been updating you know...procrastination got the best of me. I was hoping to upload before I go into my finals wish me luck 😅. Anyways I'll now try to update when I can and I'm getting to the juicy bits, so my motivation is a lot! And just to be clear the move that Gary used from mega evolution was a move that heals the Pokémon, but it sounded so coooooool that I used it as an attack move, like a hyper and solar beam into one! Thank you for reading until next time! ~Eleven

Publication date: October 6

Word count: 837