Breaking Point

YOUMIN

"Hey, psst!"

I feel someone against my back in the darkness. It's hard to breathe through the cloth, but I recognize Seokjin.

"J-Jin."

"I got you, little kid." He says, all muffled. I feel him tugging at the ropes against my wrist, trying to untangle the knot. "Don't move."

My breaths get shorter.

I feel him working furiously. I'd gotten the mission of this simulation a long time ago— to escape before suffocating.

"What about Jungkook...?"

"Don't know where he is." He says, and I hear him starting to run out of air inside his cloth. "I found you first."

The tugging gets more urgent as time passes.

"Dammit."

Then it's finally off. The ropes slide from my wrists, and I hurry with the cloth around my head when a sudden noise makes me freeze.

A thump.

It's the sound of someone collapsing.

"Hurry!" Jin hisses, voice choked. The moment I get my cloth off, I move to him and jerk the cloth from his head.

Then I quickly turn towards the sound I'd heard.

Jungkook.

It's Jungkook.

I see his motionless figure, crumpled to the cold floor on the opposite side of the room. His chest is still, and I scramble over.

No, no, no.

My hand's shaking so much it takes me twice as long to take off his cloth. His face is completely pale underneath, forehead slick with sweat with eyes closed.

"Hey....hey."

He's not breathing.

I look around in panic. Jin's going around freeing people, which meant that I was the only one who could help Jungkook. Everyone else looked so dazed.

I squeeze my eyes close.

Just do it.

Tilting his head back, I touch my lips slightly against his and breathe in two quick breaths. His mouth feels cold, and I hurry up.

Come on.

At the third press I give him, he jerks upwards.

"Oh my gosh, Jungkook."

He starts coughing furiously, and my face is all relief as I slump against the floor, watching him wheeze and gasp for air.

"Kookie!"

Jin comes out of nowhere, barreling into him in a tornado of worry. He starts shooting questions back and forth between me and him, face pale.

"What happened? Did he suffocate? I was looking for you all over!"

Jungkook laughs weakly.

"I, I told you." He coughs, some of the color back to his cheeks. "I'm bad at holding my breath. I think I suffocated."