Headshot

YOUMIN

"Y-You were smoking. All of you."

"So?"

I try to stand up, but they crowd around closer, making me hiss and fall back down to the ground.

"Get away from me."

"Hey." One of them prods another. "Isn't this the guy that won the competition? At the lake?"

The other man nods.

"Wow~" He whistles, and I growl at them as I bat at his grip on my shirt. "So that means you can hold your breath a long time, huh?"

"We should test it out."

My head jerks up.

"W-Wait, you can't—" I deepen my voice into a snarl, shoving his hand away when he reaches for my neck.

"You can't. So quit it."

But he doesn't listen. I duck away when he reaches for me again, trying to escape through the slight gap before they could catch me.

I was fast, but not that fast.

I scrabble desperately when one of them easily pulls back on my collar. My body was lean and trained for that— while they were built with muscle.

But I still curse at them nonetheless.

"Let go of me or I'm going to clock you in the face!"

He laughs.

And I clock him in the face.

He looks shocked when I do that, at first. But it quickly changes to anger, and I gasp when he slams my body to the ground.

His hand tightens around my neck.

"You don't belong here." He hisses, and I kick my feet, trying to get at his stomach.

But I can't.

"How will you hold up with that little body of yours? Did you really think you could make UDT when you first came?"

I stop kicking.

"Think again. Why do you think that instructor teaches you separately, huh?"

"Because you can't follow our pace without collapsing or some damn."

I should probably say something back.

But it's like there's stuff stuck in my throat, and he smirks at the frozen expression on my face.

He got to me.

I let him get to me.

"Dismissed."

My eyes go wide at the voice. And I just stare— I just stare at the dark figure that had come behind the guy strangling me.

Instructor?

He simply wraps his hand around the man's throat and jerks him back so hard that he lets me go instantly.

V pulls me up to my feet.

"All of you are dismissed permanently." He hisses, voice low. "Get out of here. I better not see even a trace of you in the morning."

Then he drags me into the main building.

"Why were you out?"

I silently point to the fountain behind him. He sighs when I shuffle back and forth on my feet, before his voice turns cold.