Half Of Silence

YOUMIN

I'm sinking.

Opening my eyes in the water, I look upwards— surprised why he hadn't come in yet. He should've been here by now.

Just do what he told you.

Closing, I relax and feel my body fall through the calm water. My lungs start to hurt, but by the time they really start bothering, my feet has touched the ground.

Push.

I propel off the pool floor as hard as I can. And then I look up— to find that Taehyung still hasn't come in the water.

My breath.

Struggling, I make my way up to break the surface. My form is completely messy— but I'd gotten out of the water alive.

"Taehyung!" I call, looking around. "I thought you were—"

What the hell?

He's there. He's collapsed on the floor next to the pool, face completely drained of blood. He almost looks dead with how pale it is.

And I can't even get out.

"Tae!" I yell, my frantic voice echoing off the walls as I pull at the binds on my wrists. But they're too tight, and I breathe harshly as I cling onto the ladder leading out of the pool.

Fuck.

What do I do?!

My arms and legs were useless, with the way they were right now. I couldn't even get to him to see what was wrong!

Then I remember.

His bag.

The benches were close— and I could only hope Taehyung had something sharp that I could cut this damn thing off with.

Fast. Move faster.

I'd managed to get out of the water, but covering the short distance between the pool and the benches is even more exhausting.

And I probably look ridiculous, but I still get the job done as I pull the bag down from the bench to the ground with my teeth.

There it is.

A small, sheathed knife.

Turning myself around, I struggle to pull off the sheath from the blade with my fingers. The open knife drops to the cold floor, and I quickly scramble to place the handle between my lips.

Biting down on the handle, I hold up my wrists and slash at the stupid, tight binds holding them together.

Thank God.

Once my hands are free, it's easy to free the rest of my ankles. Then I rush over to Taehyung, who doesn't even look like he's breathing.

"Hey!"

Shaking at his shoulders, I press my head to the center of his chest. And I can't even hear— hear his heartbeat over the crashing sound of mine.

Why is he like this.

"What's wrong with you...?" I say, voice fading off weakly as I catch my head in my hands. They're slightly trembling, from the wet and the cold.

Taehyung isn't supposed to be this way.

My eyes start stinging as I bend down again, tilting his head backwards. His lips are bluish, and I know the cold's getting to him too.