Serenity

YOUMIN

"I'm sorry."

He looks shaken. After that man had left, he'd instantly dropped his gun and had made me stand— scanning my entire body for wounds.

He looks more shaken than I've ever seen him.

"Uh— I'm okay." I murmur, shifting on my feet. "You got me. He didn't do anything else."

"You don't understand."

I frown, confused.

"What?"

"You don't understand." He repeats, getting to his feet. "He's a damn psychopath that doesn't give up until he gets what he wants."

"And he wants you."

I blink.

"Come inside." He says, voice forceful. "I'm not letting you out of my sight anymore. I was stupid to do that."

"Who was he?"

His lips tighten.

"Someone we've been trying to get rid of for a long time." He says, voice low in his throat.

I want to ask more.

But it feels dangerous to push.

_________________________

"Taehyung—"

"Faster."

Sucking a harsh breath, I drive my feet into the sandbag. My entire body hurts, but he won't let me go. Not even a single bit.

We've been doing this for hours.

"Switch." He says, and I sluggishly change position. Sweat pours down my back, forehead.

Everywhere.

"Taehyung," I gasp again, my hands shaking. "I can't. It's— It's already m-midnight, and..."

"Hush."

Should I pretend to faint?

It felt close. I felt close to fainting anyway, but the sweet chance kept slipping away at my fingertips.

"You can drop the weights."

Thank God.

Coughing, I loosen the weights around my ankles and drop them to the mat. The skin is all irritated and bruised, but he looks like he doesn't even care.

"Put these on instead."

My mouth drops open.

He'd gotten heavier ones. Heavier ones— was he really trying to get me to break both of my ankles?

"I thought you said close combat wasn't my thing." I whisper, almost accusingly.

"That's why you told me I should snipe."

"Sniping doesn't keep you safe in short distances, does it?" He says, strapping the weights on. "But this will."

"You're killing me."

"Better than to be killed because you didn't know how to defend yourself."

The air rushes out of me when I try to lift one of my legs. It was like gravity itself was pulling down on my body.