What You Want

YOUMIN

I couldn't believe it.

With the things I'd gone through— even though it was harsh, I would've never chosen to drink to ease the pain.

But they had.

A loud curse echoes behind me as I dash out from behind Jungkook, leaving him with three and taking two with me.

And the moment I do, I turn on the earbud linked with Taehyung's hearing aid.

It starts crackling, searching for the connection.

The storage room was larger than I'd thought.

All I hear is cursing behind me as I avoid a fist by inches, ducking behind a pile of heavy boxes.

I knew I couldn't stall them for long.

With my delicate figure, I'd probably go down if I let them hit me even once. That was why V had chosen for me to become a sniper— because I wouldn't be able to handle close combat.

And close combat with such trained people, with their heights towering over mine and bodies pushed to breaking points.

But I was faster.

Weaving right between them, I grab the nearest thing and throw it towards one of them.

The alcohol bottle.

It shatters on the guy's head, and I wince as he stumbles back into the wall. Blood trickles down on his forehead.

But this works.

Putting distance between me and them,
I reach for another sitting on top of a box and aim it at the other man.

So close.

But before I can throw it, he grips my wrist and grabs my collar with the left hand.

And I nearly faint from the impact I feel when he slams me straight into the ground.

I can't breathe.

Focusing my bleary eyes, I swing my leg up and crash my feet right into the side of his head.

All that training with the weights had paid off.

He lets go of me, and I cough furiously as I scramble up to my hands. Jungkook— there were three that had been onto him.

But before I can even look, someone pulls me down by the back of my shirt.

"You f******!"

I try to kick out again. But now both of them had recovered— one bleeding from his head, the other swelling.

"Hold him down."

I hear Jungkook calling me— the last thing I focus on before they force open my mouth.

Then the earbud in my ear comes to life, and Taehyung's panicked voice comes from the other end.

"Youmin? Youmin?!"

I can't talk.