The Introduction of a Loose Cannon

Nomad's POV, 1:36 P.M., September 21, 2025

I sit amongst the all familiar rumble of consistent chatter that couples itself with a visit to the Hereford Base chow hall. Looking around, I'm still surprised by how well people from all around the world are getting along, but I also know how quickly that can change. I wait around as I hear an announcement over the loudspeaker,

"Attention all personnel, the new combatant has arrived. Unlike other new arrivals, I would appreciate if you gave him some time to settle in. That is all", Harry says brightly before the speaker crackles and shuts off.

"Hah, what kind of bullshit is that? "I would appreciate it if you gave him some time to settle in". Who does he think he's kidding, he's about to get the same welcome they all get", Havard says with a laugh. 

"How the hell would you know, you've only seen one initiation you shithead", Olivier says with a smirk. Him, Havard, and Jaimini all laugh before looking to me.

"You remember yours, don't you?", Havard asks arrogantly.

"Damn sure do, but do you happen to recall getting beaten down with a crowbar?", I ask him back, recalling being ambushed by these three plus a few old timers trying to test my skills, "Yeah? It'll be a thousand times worse if you attack this one. We've served together for years and I haven't seen him lose once". The three of them look at each other and smirk, causing me to really wish they had some common sense.

"Oh really? The new guy is one of your old squad mates?", Olivier asks bluntly.

"What? Are we going to get to see someone else from Bolivia?", Meghan asks with a grin, apparently overhearing our conversation from the other end of the table I'm sitting at.

"Yup", is all I offer up.

"Who is it Anthony?", Emmanuelle asks politely.

"Yeah, who is it?! I fucking swear, if Harry recruited Midas, that Idiota, I will find a new place to live!", Taina says, looking pissed.

|"Nope, not Rubio", I tell them.

"Ooh, is it Holt? Do we get to see my favorite drunken mirror again?", Emma asks with an enormous grin.

"Nope, not him either", I say with a smirk. They all know who it is now.

"Wait, you said Weaver didn't make it out of Auroa, so that means...", Taina says before trailing off.

"Firefly", is all that Meghan says, all of them looking grim now.

"It's gotten that bad, huh?", Emma asks sullenly.

"Worse", I tell them honestly.

"Well, is he still as shy as he used to be?", Taina asks slowly.

"No, now he's just contakarous and antisocial", I answer.

"Yeah, I believe that for sure", Eliza says with a grin while holding her bandaged arm up, "Kid's damn near feral". I quickly realize that for some reason, I'm surrounded by women, lot's of women. 

"Umm, why are you all here?", I ask bluntly.

"What do you mean", Meghan asks, her face revealing her confusion.

"Well, I started this meal off sitting alone at a table in the corner, and it would appear that I'm now surrounded by women and my neighbors are currently three arrogant over achievers with no bedside manner", I say loudly. Everyone except Jaimini laughs.

"Sorry, we saw you sitting over here by yourself and thought you might be lonely, so we decided to join you", Eliza says with a grin while Miles sits down next to her with a nod.