TO BE OK | RAFE CAMERON

Four days, i have not heard from him in four fucking days. Rafe always disappears, but this time is different. We were at a party together at Topper's house last saturday when he suddenly erased, i started asking people if they had seen him and some random guy told me he saw him getting into a bathroom on the second floor.

I followed the boy's instructions and went to look for my boyfriend. Going up the stairs and walking towards the door of the only bathroom upstairs that is not inside a bedroom. I knocked on the door.

"Rafe are you there" no answer, "Rafe if you are masturbating right now i swear to god i'm gonna lose my mi-" I shut up because the door opened.

"Sup babe" Rafe said, his hair was a mess and there was some white powder on the tip of his nose, he looked into my eyes and smiled.

"Rafe what's going on?" i tried to enter the room but he got in my way, preventing it.

"Nothing Eve, what are you talking about?"

"You disappeared, now don't let me get inside the bathroom and you have white powder on your nose", i tried to find in his eyes an answer, but again, there was none, "Rafe, are you doing coke?" he stopped looking at me, "Rafe, look me in the eyes and tell me you are not doing drugs" he did not, and in that moment i knew the truth, "for fucks sake you're not gonna say anything?!".

"SHUT UP OK, MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS" he yelled to my face, making me to take a step back.

"MIND MY DAMN BUSINESS? YOU ARE MY BUSINESS RAFE YOU ARE MY BOYFRIEND AND I LOVE YOU" i yelled back.

"WELL I DON'T, NOW LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE EVE I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU RIGHT NOW" i couldn't make up my head around what he was saying, so, when i felt my eyes watering i turned around and walked away.

And that was four days ago, at first i was mad, then i started to get worried about it so i tried to call him but he wouldn't answer and didn't even see my text messages.

After thinking about it for a few minutes, i got out of bed and still on my pajamas, which consisted on one of his short sleeve t-shirts and a paired of sweatpants, also Rafe's, drove to his house. My hands were pressing hard on the steering wheel, thing that made my fingers hurt. He had never yelled at me, and i couldn't help but wonder if this was a first time thing or if he had been doing drugs for way longer. The possibility of him ruining his life this way breaks my heart.

When i arrived at the Cameron's residence and walked up to the front porch Wheezie was sitting there.

"Hey Wheezie, do you know if Rafe is home?" i asked the little girl while crossing my arms over my chest.

"Hi Eve, he sure is, i mean, he has not gone out of it in like two days or some" she smiled at me.

"two days? hasn't even ate?"

"not that i'm aware of" she shrugged while answering.

"uhm, can i- can i come in?" i asked while pointing the big door.

"sure"

As soon as she said that i entered the house, made my way to Rafe's bedroom and opened the door, this time without asking. Lights were out and it was really dark, until i pushed the switch and brightness filled it, showing a messy view with the silhouette of someone laying down in bed under at least three blankets.

"go away Sarah, i don't want your shitty food" Rafe's voice echoed through the room.

"I'm not Sarah and i don't have food" i said while closing the door and getting close to the bed where he was, instantly after recognizing who i was he fast sat up and glanced at me. Deep bags under his eyes, the messiest hair he ever had around me and a tired look on his beautiful face. Rafe was wearing the hoodie i gave to him last Christmas, i love how red looks on him.