DOWN FOR YOU | RAFE CAMERON

You said we'd just drop by

But I wasn't invited

You'd already decided

That I was coming too

"i promise you we will eat with and go away" Rafe said while you both entered the big house.

It was a warm sunday night and your boyfriend had asked you to go with him to a big family reunion that the Cameron's would pull off every summer, where everyone in the family tree was invited. It was not your place at all, even though you had been dating for a few weeks now, you still a pogue and were not prepared for this at all, to be honest it felt a little rushed and early to meet everyone in Rafe's family but you went anyways just to please the boy.

"Rafe! and... Y/N!" Rose said when she saw you two "hello honey, i didn't know you were coming today!" she looked at Rafe with a confused frown in her face, not because she didn't like you, in fact she loved that Rafe had finally found someone as sweet as you are, the woman was just confused at the situation.

"Hi Rose" you said while smiling at her a little bit.

"Please feel free to call me if you need anything, welcome" she said before taking a big sip of her red wine glass and walking away.

"Rafe i am not even invited, what's going on?" you asked to the boy as you turned to look at him.

"I decided that you were coming, what's wrong with that?" he stared at you, having to back down his head a little bit due to the height difference.

"Rose was not aware that i was coming that's what it's wrong!"

"Y/N, like i said before, i promise you we will eat and after that we can do whatever you want to do, ok?" he placed both his hands on your cheeks to after grab your hand and take you more inside of the house.

I can't stand all these people

All trying to please you

They don't even see you

The way I do

You hated this. The only person you really know besides Rafe in the 'party' was Sarah, and she wasn't anywhere to be found, "she probably didn't even came and is out there somewhere with John b" you thought to yourself.

It was almost half past twelve and you still there, sitting at a little table with Wheezie, who was also not very excited about the whole thing. Watching Rafe being so different around everyone, he pretended to be someone you knew he was not in reality.

The whole environment was completely fake and whoever who looked closely could notice it. People rolling their eyes at each other when they were not looking, Ward ranting about how Rafe was going to start college again the next year when it was totally false, old mans indirectly competing to see who was the richest. It made you feel glad of not growing up surrounded by these human beings.

Two AM, haven't left

No one cares, just me, I guess

But I can't leave you

Two a.m in the clock, your boyfriend didn't kept his promise and you still in the hell that was the family reunion.

You were having a non-alcoholic cocktail while listening to Rafe talk to someone you had no idea who was as he had his big hand wrapped around your waist. Multiple times you contemplated just going home but ending up washing the thought of it of your mind.

I wasn't gonna say nothing

But I'm about to break something

How you gonna take all of my time

Half past two, still between Rafe's hold when the people he was talking to decided to go talk to someone else. You were trying hard to not start an argument about how he dragged you here knowing you hate this stuff and how he lied to you.

"you having a good time?" he asked you, and that was it, that was your breaking point.

"you're seriously asking me that?" he nodded, a little bit confused by the angry tone of your voice, "well, let's see, first of all YOU KNEW i do not like things like this at all, but i accepted to come just for you, then you promised me we would eat and go, IT'S HALF PAST TWO IN THE MORNING"

"I KNOW OK, I'M SORRY FOR WANTING YOU TO MEET MY FAMILY" he slightly yelled making some of the guests look at you both. He took your hand and walked to one of the house hallways where no one was around.

"Rafe this is not your family and you know it, i could barely recognize who you were while talking to them" he stared at your eyes for a few seconds, without saying a word and then walked away into the party.

You know that I hate this place

But if you wanna stay, I do too

We'll let the night turn to day

Yeah, I'm down either way

'Cause I'm so down for you

Rafe didn't expect all of that to happen, he just wanted his family, especially his father to notice he could have good stuff on his life, that he was not a lost case, not anymore because he had found you. You had changed him for better and everyone could tell that. He wanted to have fun with you, at least until the reunion ended so he could take you to his bedroom's balcony to watch the sunrise together as you did a few days ago at the beach. Rafe was aware of how deeply he was falling, everyday he fell a little bit more, and he loved the idea of being so down for you.

And I can't find the patience

For all the conversations

And all of these blank faces

I should leave, I haven't yet

But when you smile, I just forget

But I can stay a while, I guess

A very drunk woman was talking with you about taxes, you barely said a word due to your lack of information about the topic. A few moments later you were surrounded by females on their forty's asking you about your boyfriend and it was starting to make you anxious.

Lucky you, the young man interrupted the interrogation and took you away from them.

"come with me" he said and you obeyed following him outside the house.

Both of you were sitting in a little outdoors type of couch, watching Rose forcing Ward to dance with her. Your head was placed on his chest and you lifted up a little bit to see him smile at the scene, he realized of your stare and looked down at you and his smile went bigger.

"what?" you asked him and he just giggled "why you looking at me like that pretty boy?" you insisted while laughing at his cute face.

"cause i'm so down for you woman" you smiled at his response and sat straight to kiss him.