Chapter 4 - Training and Drinks

The training was constant for the first two weeks, everyday harder than the last. Y/N was dodging dummy blasts, the swivels and turns echoed throughout the training room. Once she was clumsy but now honing her skills she has become more confident with the basics however she still had much to learn. The dreaded dash.

Fwoosh "Okay Y/N, try and do that. Remember practice makes perfect."

Gliding past with grace, much like every other example Zero has given. Making the task more easier than it looks. Y/N took a breath of air and started running. Each step with more force than the last. Leaning forward her speed increased and she started to dash, a gust of wind following after. Smiling she kept going. Getting excited she became less aware of her surroundings, tripping over and landing flat on the ground.

"Ah it's no good Zero. I'm going to do so bad with this whole test thing"

rolling over onto her back she was looking up towards the sky. Zero walked over to her leaning over to look at her, his pony tail fell forward tickling her face. Grabbing her hand Zero pulled her up, putting a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"Y/N, you know X wasn't as strong as he is now, he had to work for it. You wont be the first or the last Reploid soon to be maverick hunter who did a few slip ups"

Fixing her hair she looked at Zero playfully pushing him.

"That's easy for you to say, you make everything look so easy. Plus I'm so tired I wanna take a break."

"Why don't we go to a sitting area and I'll get us some E-tanks .

Leaving the room they walked to an outdoor sitting area. Other Reploids greeted Zero. As the two walked on they found a sitting area. Zero walked away to grab some drinks from the row of three vending machines. A few humans and Reploids where conversing amongst themselves, noticing a higher ranking Reploid like Zero did spark conversation. Walking back to the table where Y/N was sitting he passed a E-Tank over to her. Condensation appearing on due to the heat.

Rubbing the can on her neck she sighed a breath of relief.

"all this training is quite tiresome, you burn up quite a lot with all this dashing and dodging. It's nice to take a break once in a while."

Taking a sip of his own E-Tank, Zero became flustered watching Y/N. He said nothing but nodded along with what the rookie soon to be hunter was saying.

"what If I do bad at this test, wont others think I'm weak? Its all so concerning"

"As long as you do your best you should be okay. Remember you can re take this test. This test is a way to introduce you into the maverick hunter system"

Nodding she carried on drinking her drink. The day was coming to a close and the sun was starting to set. Filling the outdoor training area with warm beautiful fiery tones. The two mavericks went back to HQ to go sleep in their separate charging pods.

"If you want Y/N, I can walk you back..."

Zero turned to Y/N holding his hand out towards her.

"Sure... I would love that"

Holding his hand he took charged and walked her through HQ. The holding of hands caused silent whisper discussions between fellow hunters. The doors opened to Y/N room and she walked in, looking at Zero she thanked him. However she was looking sheepish.

"Thanks for walking me back Zero."

"Its no problem, I'm proud of you for trying so hard"

She looked at Zero, and hugged him again. A blush decorating both their faces. He wrapped his arms around her pulling her in closer.

"You'll do great on the test I know it. Rest up well"

He released her and left.

"You two are getting friendly with each other" X teased.

Zero just smiled and walked with his friend, discussing his next mission with X.

-----Authors Note -----

I wonder how this thing is going. I' having fun writing this. I don't usually write romance stuff and this was just a way to burn off some extra creative energy.