Chapter 6 - A familiar Maverick comes back

More high rank hunters gathered together as each teams navigators explained the mission. As they spoke the ground quaked with the sound of blasts and screams being heard from the distance. X and Zero knew to travel quickly to an area without draining their energy, they took their ride chasers to get to the epicentre of the damage.

Just like before they passes the same streets they passed before those few missions before. The large buildings that once stood grand and tall were now crumbling husks, with no life to be seen. The two hunters were back to back scanning the area.

"Ah, X and Zero. Back again to finish me off?"

X charged his buster firing at the black ride armour, the owner inside, the once A rank hunter. Vile stood up from his ride armour, placing one of his legs on the steering handle. Firing a barrage of bullets from his shoulder mounted canon. Zero dashed out of the way, going toward the ride armour to slash it.

"Take this Vile, hyaaa!"

"You red fool!"

Vile used his ride armour, grabbing him in the armours two tonne fist. As the grip became tighter and tighter, X fired at vile, using new armour updates to release Zero from his grasp. The two kept fighting the maverick. But it was a stalemate.

Whilst back at HQ, Y/N was watching the battle from the hub. Holding her hands together she knew Zero and X were struggling.

"You okay?"

a fellow C rank hunter was looking at the concerned rookie.

"Yeah, I might go train for a bit."

Walking off she knew she was going to sneak out and use a spare ride chaser and help the two hunters. Running down the hallway she used a window to cut some time and get there quicker.

Turning the corner she jumped off the ride armour and stumbled and fell.

"I swore that would have looked cooler if I practice that"

Seeing an X buster shot fly past she used a broken piece of building to watch the battle whilst avoiding any damage. As time passed X was knocked down and Zero was once again in the ride armours grasp.

"aaaaaaagh"

The grip was hurting zero.

"Look at you, X is defeated and you have failed. I'm going to take great pleasure with this"

The hand grasp tighter, Zero armour becoming dented and scuffed. Vile red glowing eye focused on his prize grab.

Y/N knew that to save them both she would need to distract Vile. Shooting a charge shot, that caught his attention, walking over to the point of fire. Jumping out from her hiding spot she dove on the ride armour , hitting Vile on the back of his helmet, using er free leg to press the ride armours buttons to try and release Zero. The gears within the arm released a valve dropping the red hunter.

Grabbing Y/N by her arm, Vile pulled her over is shoulders. Blasting her once and throwing her to the side. She flew by landing like a discarded doll in a play box.

"how dare you..."

Zero face was filled with rage, seeing someone he cared about being thrown like garbage awakened his skills as he took down the ride armour forcing Vile to retreat. X was okay and Y/N got up slowly.

"Y/N, you could have been killed!"

Zero was scolding the rookie. Whilst she looked down she wanted to stand up for her self.

"You were going to be Zero! You weren't in control of the situation and neither was X. I might be scuffed" she began poking Zero to emphasise her point."But at least you are safe and Vile is gone!"

Zero crouched down to get on Y/N level.

"You are a rookie, I cant have you getting damaged, I care about you too much."

The two were looking at each other, the arguing made it tense, they just looked at each other in silence. Suddenly Zero pulled Y/N in for a kiss , she kissed back. What lasted for thirty seconds felt like forever. The two pulled apart.

"I, love you Y/N"

"I love you too Zero"