five

hi, this part is pretty heavy but important to the storyline. however, if you, for any reason, do not want to read this, do not feel pressured to. feel free to DM me (or comment) saying you didn't read it and I'd be more than happy to give you a quick explanation without any of the details. 💖

TRIGGER WARNING - mentions of sexual abuse 

-

Once Sean and Kaycee had arrived at the house, and the best man had left, the two immediately went in search of wine. The day had dragged, neither enjoying it much and now all they wanted to do was relax. The two had gone into the cellar then the kitchen, in hopes of finding something. They laughed as they opened every cupboard and drawer in sight until Sean found several bottles in a corner and showed them to Kaycee with a big smile on his face.

"How did you manage to get our parents to allow this?" she asked sitting on one of the seats in their living room.

"Well, they would have allowed it if I had asked for us to have a honeymoon. However, certain things are expected from a honeymoon and I didn't want them to be led to believe things that are not happening are. So I simply suggested that they might leave the two of us for a few days so we could settle into this house and learn more about each other before I have to start work. In all honestly, I needed a break, they can be a lot sometimes. " he said, pouring wine into the two glasses on the table, then handing one to her.

"I couldn't agree more and thank you." she said smiling at him. "but I suspect my mother will be expecting grandchildren soon anyway. Once Catherine was married to John, mother wrote to her every month until she became pregnant with Lily. I thought it was ridiculous, the two had no privacy because of her."

"Well, whenever the time comes, I pray what is our remains ours. My mother was much the same with my sisters, it drove them mad."Sean said, settling the two into an uncomfortable silence. They sat for a while, thinking while sipping on their glasses.

"It's going to be awkward, isn't it? I do wish they taught us about all this in school, or even maybe got us to read a book regarding it."

"I suppose, but it will be for both of us. We'll become 'un-pure' together." Sean said, the wine almost speaking for him, the wording unnatural for the two. Kaycee's face fell at the mention of being un-pure, he presumed it scared her. "Perhaps, lack of any experience, from either side, will help, they will be less pressure. We can wait as long as you need, years if you want, okay?" he joked, trying to get her smile back on her face

"Sean, I need to tell you something," She said, timidly. Sean waited for her to start talking, the fear in her voice making him suddenly much soberer. "I should have told you before we got married, but there wasn't much time and our parents were around and I tend to not think about it too much, and I'm sorry..."

"Whatever it is, you can tell me, I won't judge you I promise." he tried to comfort her. She stuttered and shuffled around for a minute, trying to find the right word to say.

"I- I'm not- its- Sean, I'm not pure" she muttered, her eyes becoming glassy. He sat confused, first trying to figure out what she had said, then what she meant by it.

"What but, you- you have never been married before, you wouldn't sin-"

"- I didn't!" she said, louder now "Well I did, but it wasn't me. I mean, no, it was me."

"Kaycee, I'm not sure I understand. Take a breath and explain what you mean."

"When I was growing up we had a guard. He used to play games with me whenever Catherine was at school and I used to tell my parents that he was my favourite person ever. Now and again, they had to go out, they used to take me, but since I got along with him so well they began to leave me under his care in our house instead." she said, looking up at him.