Put Your Arms Around Me, Baby

Demi POV

Luckily, I'd caught Lauren in my arms. She jolted awake, looking around petrified and hyperventilating.

"Laur, hey... Shhh, what's wrong?" I spoke softly, trying to calm her. Lauren shook her head, clutching her hands over her ears as she only hyperventilated worse. "Lauren..." I cooed. Not even second later, Lauren blacked out again, falling towards the floor. I quickly caught her, keeping her from falling completely.

"Lolo?" Camie teared up, jumping up from the table and running to my side where I was making sure that Lauren was breathing. I was thankful that she was, but that didn't exactly alleviate my concerns.

I scooped Lauren up in my arms, supporting her head as I looked around at the girls, "Umm, can you guys grab the bags? We need to get her to the hospital right now." I was honestly terrified as we ran out of the mall, especially with Lauren's recent injury. Something really could be seriously wrong. We ran onto the bus looking for the driver, quickly finding her. "We need to get Laur back to the hospital like right now," I exclaimed, trying to be calm despite my anxiety about the situation.

"Okay, there is one literally a couple of minutes down the road, let's go." I nodded and we got onto the bus. Within less than five minutes, we pulled up at the hospital. Camie cried and begged when Dinah and Mani told her to stay with them on the bus while Ally and I took Lauren into the hospital and got her checked out.

"She was hyperventilating and then she just passed out, she recently had head trauma, but she was cleared at the hospital. I- Um, she's schizophrenic. I'm just so worried. I don't know what happened," I rambled worriedly. I was relieved when they immediately took her back while Ally and I were left to fill out her information.

We had just finished filling the paper out when a woman with warm blonde hair approached us, "You two are with, Lauren, correct?" We both nodded. "Right this way. They've got her admitted and in a room. She is up in CT right now, but her vitals are stable and she should be back down shortly," she spoke calmly, leading us down a series of hallways then into a room.

"Thank you so much," Ally responded, sitting in one fo the chairs.

"Of course. Let me know if you have any questions at all and I or someone will be back if there are any updates."

"Will do," I replied, sitting next to Ally as the nurse walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. I sighed, releasing a breath that I hadn't even realized I was holding.

Ally put a gentle hand on my knee, "I'm sure she's going to be alright.

"I'm just so worried, Ally. You know there's always that little voice in the back of your head that is wondering, what if she's not gonna be okay?"

She sighed, "I know, love, but we have to ignore those thoughts and hope for the best, yeah?"

I nodded, "You're right." Moments of lingering anxiety later, a doctor brought Laur back into the room and got her situated before pulling a chair up in front of us for an update. Ally and I listened tentatively, awaiting the doctor's response.

"Lauren's CT came back and there was no bleeding or serious swelling. There was some mild swelling. However, I was made aware that Lauren recently suffered from a head injury, can you tell me more about that?"

I nodded, "Yeah, um, she was attacked and had some external injuries but she as okay. She's been really shaken up, I'm wondering if it was a kind of panic attack maybe?"

"You say she's been really shaken up, that's to be expected after a traumatic event like that to some degree, but would you say that she's been behaving drastically different?" she asked.