Flirting at Work [R.B.]

Every now and then, you liked to come in and bother your girlfriend while she was working. Now that Robin was working at the video store, which you lived near, you were constantly bugging her.

Not that she minded.

You found her sitting behind the counter reading while the store was currently empty. "You come here often?" you asked, leaning against the counter.

Robin glanced up from her book and raised an eyebrow. "Well, I work here, so I think I'd have to say yes."

You rolled your eyes and rested your chin in your palm. "So, how's work going?" It was clearly slow right now, but you knew that could change rather quickly. "Anything interesting happen?"

She finally put down her book and sighed. "Not really. Oh, but Steve did score a date," she said.

"Really? On his own?" You remembered very clearly how bad his flirting went over while working at Scoops Ahoy.

Robin nodded. "Sure did."

"Wow." You guessed you shouldn't have been too surprised. There was bound to be at least one girl his flirting worked on. "Well, I guess you won't be the only one with a girlfriend dropping by."

"You know, not that I don't appreciate it, and I do, but why don't you just wait for me? Do you get that bored when I'm gone?" There was a smug tone in her voice, and she knew very well that was the truth of the matter.

You scoffed. "No. I just don't do much at home. All I do is drink coffee and say bad words." All of which were mostly aimed at inanimate objects when they failed to work the way you wanted them to. No one was home to call you out on it.

"If you say so." She perked up when a customer walked in. "If you wait at home for me, maybe I'll give you a reward," she whispered.

The idea immediately excited you. You nodded eagerly and said your goodbyes to Steve on the way out before heading home to wait.