Chapter Eleven

The days started to blur together. It didn't take long for Raven and Echo to be joined once more by Murphy and another girl who Raven had eventually told her was Emori. Their addition was also met by McCreary's return who had already become a regular among the prisoners that still came to visit Blaire and Shaw daily. 

Raven spent most of her days huddled in the corner with Echo, Murphy and Emori hastily whispering to each other, plans to get out most likely. Blaire stood at the window, watching the comings and goings of the world outside the Chapel, Shaw sitting nearby, flicking through the pages of a book. 

Out of the corner of her eye, Blaire noticed Murphy walking over to one of the prisoners, one of McCreary's men, before telling him something. In front of their very eyes, a full out brawl broke out between all of the guard prisoners as they rolled across the floor throwing punches and screams of fury.

"What was that all about?" Shaw asked, looking up over the pages of his book. 

"No clue had something to do with what Murphy said to him, anyway," Blaire muttered back, watching as the fight was eventually broken up.

"Can I talk to both of you?" Raven asked softly.

"Just once I wish we could all have a casual conversation." Shaw returned.

"This isn't it," Raven responded. "We're escaping and I want you two to come with us."

"Finally putting that big brain of yours to use, huh Reyes?" Blaire added, crossing her arms over her chest as Raven continued her explanation. 

"My friend Emori knows how to take off the collars, and as soon as she can-"

"No." 

"Shaw, you're gonna say that you're still loyal to Diyoza after what she did to you, to Blaire?"

"It's not that, Raven. I'm their only pilot, they'll never stop looking for me." Shaw explained. 

"He does make a good point and I'm not leaving without him." Blaire continued.

"If they keep looking for me,  you'll never be safe." Shaw continued. "I don't know why I care about that. Maybe it's your easygoing charm."

"Uh, let me put it to you like this, Shaw. Either come with us or we'll kill you."

"And there's the lovely death threat again." Blaire joked. "Well, that answers my question. Echo apparently still hates my guts."

"Yeah, and you aren't exempt from that either Blaire." Raven continued before sending a smile in Shaw's direction as Blaire could only watch. "How's that for easygoing?"

"We'll have to work on it. ." Shaw returned as he and Raven chuckled together. "But okay, I'll come. Blaire?" 

Blaire shook herself out of her thoughts, the interaction between Shaw and Raven still present. "Yeah?"

"You coming with us?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

The door to the Chapel cracked open, a figure entering that Blaire recognised immediately. "Excuse me for a minute," Blaire muttered behind her to Raven and Shaw before walking up to the figure, their eyes falling on her immediately. "Well, Blaine to what do I owe this pleasure? Here to torture me again? Cause honestly there's nothing you can do that you haven't done already."

"I'm just here to prove to you that your loyalty should have never fallen with Diyoza," Blaine called.

"Oh, really this argument again?" Blaire scoffed turning back around, Blaine's next words stopping her in her tracks. 

"Did you know that there's a cure? Diyoza knew about it for days, only curing the people she wanted to keep around. And she wasn't going to choose to cure your precious twin brother, how about that?"

Blaire spun around, hitting her brother across the cheek. "That's for everything. But don't worry Diyoza's dead to me already and for once in my life, I really don't care if you live or die, in fact dying due to that thing in your lungs would probably look great on a gravestone. Anything else you want included, how about the biggest dick in history? Oh I've got a better one, the manipulator! Although that does make you sound cooler than you actually are."

"You little bitch." Blaine muttered, spitting off to the side near Blaire's foot. 

"Oh please, call your little cronies, get them to shock me to death. Anything to keep my death off your hands. It still isn't gonna change anything," Blaire called turning back around only to notice the rest of the defectors watching her and Blaine carefully. 

"I hope you rot in hell." Blaine spat before storming out of the room. 

"The feeling's mutual, bro." Blaire returned, walking past where Murphy, Echo and Emori still sat. "Civil war? Great idea." She chuckled before continuing to where Shaw and Raven sat.