Chapter Sixteen

Inhale, exhale. Slowly one by one she could feel her body taking control of itself once more, away from the monotonous routine her body had been doing once more for the last decade. However, instead of the conversations of Eligius prisoners and the usual hustle and bustle of the Eligius IV, there was one hushed whisper urging her to wake.  Her eyes burst open, looking around frantically, before landing on the deep brown eyes beside her, Raven

Raven left her sight for a few seconds, opening the pod next to her and crouching low against it. 

"Wake up! I can't believe I'm doing this." Raven whispered urgently.  

"Yet you are." The voice returned from beside Blaire, as she realised who else Raven had woken, Diyoza

"How bad is it? Save the details." Diyoza continued before sitting up quickly and looking down at her pregnant stomach. "She kicked."

"What's going on, Raven? Where is everyone?" Blaire asked, sitting up away from her pod, her eyes quickly scanning the amount of empty pods although a lot were still filled. 

"We've been hijacked. 4 people in neoprene suits with breathing regulators," Raven informed. 

"Do we have a count on weapons?" Blaire continued.

"They're using gas grenades to move our people to the mess hall, but yeah, they have weapons," Raven added with a slight smile. 

"If they're keeping us in the mess hall, that means they control the bridge. It also means that they know you just woke us up." Diyoza realised. 

"Exactly, we have to move now," Raven demanded as Blaire went to move with her but Diyoza quickly stopped her. 

"I have a better idea."

The door slammed at the other end of the cryo chamber, two darkly clad figures hurrying into the room, a gas canister rolling ahead of them. 

"Good, we're in time. Neither of them have thawed yet. I'll put her back under if you can get that one." The man ordered as the second figure stepped towards Blaire's cryo chamber attempting to put her back under. 

The machine beeped slightly as Blaire moved, kicking the figure in the leg and wrestling with him slightly before she finally killed him with his own gun. Across from her, Diyoza had done the same thing but in half the time. Blaire reached out to grab the air filtration from the body of the figure, breathing into it. 

"We'll take those details now." Diyoza rasped. 

Blaire sat up from her cryo pod before walking over to Raven and wrapping her in a tight embrace, old feelings quickly swirling around. "It's really good to see you, Raven."

"You too, Blaire." Raven chuckled. "It's good to see you too."

"Where is everyone else? Where's Shaw? I would have thought that he would be with you? Are they in the mess hall?" Blaire blurted out, the questions leaving her mouth before she had a lot of time to think them through. 

"Shaw and the rest of Spacekru are down on the planet below us while the rest of the people that were woken up are trapped in the mess hall."

"The other planet?"

"You've both been asleep for 125 years," Raven said. "Earth would never recover so Monty sent us to another planet, the planet from the Eligius III mission."

"125 years, wow," Blaire muttered to herself as she continued to carefully follow Diyoza and Raven down the passageway.