Chapter Fifteen

The air was pushed out of her lungs as she was pushed roughly to the ground, heaved back up again by Falk.

"What do you want me to do to her, Blaine?" Falk asked, the collar already wrapped firmly around Blaire's neck again. "Shock her? Punch a few of those stunning teeth out?"

"Leave us, Falk," Blaine asked, picking up the collar controller and shocking her with it. "I've got it from here."

"You bastard." Blaire attempted to lunge at Blaine but was easily pushed to the ground by him due to the weak, shaking of all her muscles. 

"Shut up will you, Bee?" Blaine asked. "I'm trying to help you. We don't need Falk coming back wondering why he can't hear your screams."

"Huh." Blaire scoffed. "You don't get to use a nickname from our childhood on me."

"I've done a lot of thinking since our last conversation." Blaine began. 

"Oh, the one where you said you wanted me to rot in hell? That ring any bells?"

"Can you just drop the sarcastic attitude for a sec, Blaire. I wanted to apologise."

"Again? Didn't we establish it last time, that it doesn't work?"

"Blaire!" Blaine hissed. "All I ask is for two minutes, two minutes to explain myself without any sarcasm, okay?"

"Fine." Blaire huffed. 

"McCreary's gonna lose this war, those savages have the numbers and despite our tech, they'll never get Shaw to fly that ship. Diyoza spoke about the settlement Kane was setting up, everyone getting their own plot of land. I've decided I want that, I want that with you. We just need Diyoza to forgive you and to pardon me and we're golden. Everyone finally co-existing peacefully, without struggling to survive. Freedom, actual freedom. No more robbing banks, no more mining asteroids, no more war, just peace. What do you think about that, Blaire?"

"I would say that you're fanatical. It can happen, and it will but not with lunatics like you and McCreary running the show, last time I checked McCreary doesn't care about what you say."

"I know you don't believe me but I am sorry for everything. From taking you from Grace, for manipulating you into helping me and then forcing you there. I regret all of it, I can't take it back and I'm certainly not making you forgive me but I just need you to know, I'm really sorry."

"You're not a good person, Blaine. I don't truly believe that I can ever fully accept your apology but I can always start." Blaire started, watching the smile grow on Blaine's face. "I was just as much in the wrong all those years ago for letting you do that to me even with the warning signs in my own head, so it's a no to your offer."

"Stone, Shaw's girlfriend has decided to pilot the ship, report to the bridge now." McCreary's voice echoed over the radio in Blaine's back pocket.

"Just stay here, alright. I want to finish this conversation later." Blaine told her, before picking himself up. 

"And bring your bitch of a sister as well. Might do some more convincing if you get what I mean."

Blaine froze on the spot before turning back to Blaire, a reassuring smile on his face. "I'm really sorry about all of this."

The energy coursed through her veins one last time before she felt Blaine pick her up and carry her to the bridge. 

Blaire hit the ground of the bridge roughly, her vision blurring and she looked up to see Shaw lying on a table blood dripping down his face, his leg trapped in a huge metal contraption while Raven sat in the pilot seat, her hands hovering above the controls.