Chapter Eighteen

"According to the flight recorder, this is close to where they landed," Raven informed as the door to the Gagarin slowly opened. 

Blaire was silently grateful that the opening door had taken the attention off herself and her near breakdown, everyone didn't need any more distractions especially from her. But even then she hadn't missed the looks immediately sent her way upon her entrance with Raven into the holding bay near the door, the blush increasing tenfold on her crimson cheeks. 

"Spread out. Find their trail." Raven ordered as everyone else spread out looking around while Blaire stuck to Raven's side. "Bring her out."

Diyoza pushed their prisoner forward, her hands bound together. "I told you, I'm not going without my family. "They're not safe here."

"News flash. . .They're already dead." Diyoza returned humourlessly. 

"Hey, the eclipse is over. You said if we heard insects, the toxin's gone." Raven added. 

 "So what aren't you telling us?" Blaire asked with a cocked head, her eyes meeting the woman's own. 

"She's not telling us anything," Diyoza added, holding a gun to the woman's head, deliberately ignoring Blaire and Raven's gaze. "Answer the question."

"Just pull the trigger and let's move." Octavia Blake declared before stepping out of the ship.

"You stowed away?" Raven asked urgently. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Abby continued. 

"Saving my brother," Octavia added before rubbing some ferns between her hands. "They went this way." She continued gesturing forward with her sword. 

"We do need a tracker." The boy called Jordan shrugged. 

"Wait, no way." Abby continued, stopping Madi in her tracks. "It was dangerous enough without Blodreina."

"Abby's right, Heda. You're too important. We can begin your training."

"Great, I'm so glad I woke you." Madi returned sarcastically. 

"Diyoza's staying with you, that is, if you want me to deliver that baby," Abby added. 

"I should stay with the ship, anyway. We get jacked again, we're screwed." Diyoza responded, deciding not to pick a fight. 

"We'll be back soon."

"Let's go. The bodies will be here when we get back." Blaire said, turning to their prisoner, tugging on her arm. 

"Just walk. . .please." Raven asked, sharing a glance with Blaire before the three of them followed the rest. 

"So, where are all these bugs you were talking about?" Jordan asked.

"Dead, consumed by the trees by now. That's how you'll find your people, too." 

"That's always reassuring," Blaire muttered, looking down to the earth below her feet. 

"They were here." Octavia declared, looking down to the various pieces of kit left behind by the team that was sent down before hurrying forward. 

"Stop!" The woman cried urgently, stopping Octavia in her tracks. "It's a radiation shield. Your people couldn't pass through. You'll find their bodies on this side of-" The woman trailed off, before passing through the shield.

"What? Get back here." Octavia demanded, stepping forward only to be zapped forced backwards into Jordan and Raven's arms. 

Blaire watched the woman continue forward, her eyes tightening in distrust. However, the next words the woman called out to them, made her go weak in the knees, her heart falling into the pit of her stomach. 

"Who's Shaw?" 

Raven rushed forward, passing Blaire who was looking down, her mouth parted in shock. 

"Let me go. Get off me. Let me go!" Raven demanded, struggling against the tight hold Jordan and Abby held on each arm. 

"Safe now." The woman declared, Raven running across the field as quickly as she could before reaching the makeshift grave. 

"Come on, Blaire," Abby said, tugging on Blaire's arms and bringing her to the outside side of the shield where the grave fell into her own sight. 

The air left her chest, her waterlogged eyes scanning over each roughly etched letter of his name. There was no point trying to deny it, her best friend was dead

Although Blaire was never someone to show much emotion especially around people she wasn't overly close with but even then she knew that there was someone that needed her a lot more at the moment. So Blaire did the only thing she could think of, push away the pain that was gripping at her throat harshly and focus on another in pain. 

"Hey," Blaire muttered, pulling Raven into a hug and allowing her to sob into her shoulder. Raven didn't need words of consolation, she needed action, a shoulder to cry on if you will. The pain wasn't just going to go away from a few words. "I'm here." 

Blaire had an arm wrapped around Raven's shoulders, carefully leading the grieving girl up the stairs and into the heart of a small village. 

Abby and Jordan started running towards a clump of bodies laid out on the ground. 

"What's wrong? Why aren't they moving?" Jordan demanded as the rest of them caught up. 

"Clarke," Abby muttered before immediately feeling for a pulse. "They're alive. Honey, wake up."

"Mum?" Clarke asked groggily. 

"I'm here."

"Where are the others?" Jordan asked. 

"Locked up to protect us." Clarke returned, as Abby slowly woke Bellamy before turning to where Murphy still laid. 

"What happened to Shaw?" Raven croaked, her voice choked with emotion, a hand still gripped tightly in Blaire's.

"Abby?" Bellamy questioned before his eyes locked with Octavia's. "What the hell is she doing here. . . and who is that?"

"John, wake up. Come on now. His pulse is too weak." Abby explained. 

"Mum, what is this?" Clarke questioned, pulling down Murphy's shirt revealing black lines traced along his chest. 

"I don't know." Abby breathed. 

The echoing sound of laughter and talking made Blaire's head snap up, her eyes narrowing at the sight of a child at the top of the stairs shortly joined by others. 

"It's okay, Rose. Don't be afraid." Their prisoner informed the inquisitive girl at the front who was eyeing her handcuffs suspiciously. 

"Are you here to take us home?" Rose asked. 

"Isn't this your home?"