Chapter Twelve

The escape plan was in full swing by the time night fell. Echo had already left to inform Diyoza about McCreary's knowledge of the cure, the rest of them waiting for the civil war to break out, giving them the perfect distraction to escape. 

All of a sudden the prisoners that had been guarding all the defectors left the room, everyone else springing up into action. 

"Just follow my lead." Emori told Raven, going to work on Murphy's collar. "First, the panel, gently like this."

"Sorry in advance if I-" Raven started, the electric shock running through Blaire's veins as Raven accidentally activated the collar. 

"All good, nothing I haven't gone through before."

"Blaire?" Raven asked. 

"Yeah?"

"Shut up unless you want me to accidentally blow your head off."

With the majority of the collars off, Diyoza's voice soon reached the defectors in the Chapel, her side and McCreary's side facing each other head on. 

"We came to live and now we can because our new doctor has succeeded in finding us a cure." Diyoza's voice floated into the room as Echo joined them again. "We didn't want to tell you until we were. . ."

"What's Diyoza saying?" Murphy asked into the room. 

"She's telling them about the cure." Echo started. 

"Defusing the bomb with the truth, trying to contain the explosion, it's a favourite strategy of hers." Blaire finished, shooting Echo a smirk.

"Well, she's good." Echo added, her eyes not leaving Diyoza's frame.

"Yeah? We'll see about that?"  Murphy said, walking out of the Chapel and down the steps. 

"What is he doing?" Blaire muttered to herself, her eyes glued outside of the window and it didn't take long for the gunshots to start. She watched Murphy enter back in, turning to him with a smile. "Speeding up the reaction, nice." 

Murphy shot her a smirk before turning to the rest of the defectors gathered. "Let's go, people. I did my part."

"Just one more wire, got it." Emori said from where she was deactivating Echo's collar. 

"All right. You all know where the meeting point is. If anyone gets split up, go there. We'll come find you and bring you to the cave." Echo informed, the door creaking as Kane entered into the Chapel. 

"Good, you're all here. We need to get Abby and Diyoza and get to the transport ship. The other defectors are there already." Kane ordered.

"Abby will be fine. They won't hurt their doctor." Echo countered. "Whatever happens to Diyoza is not our concern." She continued, the rest of the defectors following her.

"What about the other defectors?" Emori asked, stopping Echo.

"There's no time. Move out!" Echo ordered. 

"Is peace your concern?" Kane continued. "Bellamy and Clarke negotiated a surrender. I've been working on a settlement for everyone in the south woods. Without Diyoza, that all goes away."

"Whoops." Murphy muttered. 

"I'll go with you." Shaw said, stepping forward at Kane. 

"No way." Echo added. "Octavia would never surrender. We leave as planned" She tried to grab a hold of Shaw's jacket but he quickly shoved her off, her eyes flickering between Shaw and Blaire.  "Raven, take him and her and go right now, or I slit both their throats."