VI. | 𝐼𝑐𝑒

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗬.  

.·:*¨༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 SIX ༻¨*:·.
˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ 𝐼𝑐𝑒 ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚
W ʀ C ɴ ~ 1450

After finally getting to the river we were all now able to see that the ice was melting and melting fast, allowing the water to move quickly and freely.

"We need to cross, now!" Peter exclaimed hurriedly as I watched the ice break down into chunks before  moving along with the water. 

"Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy questioned looking over to Mr. and Mrs. Beaver. 

"I'm not that fast, dear." Mr. Beaver exclaimed. 

"Come on!" Peter said taking Lucy's hand and pulling her away. 

"Wait! Will you think about this for a minute?" Susan asked, causing us all to turn around and look at her. I could see fear, worry and concern on her face.

"We don't have a minute." Peter argued.

"I'm just trying to be realistic." Susan said more calmly looking at Peter up and down cautiously. 

"No, You're trying to be smart." Peter corrected her.

"As usual." He then turned around along with Lucy and we all walked away.

I kept my eyes on Susan who turned to look at me, I shrugged.

"He's just under stress, all I know is that we have to move now." I stated simply before turning away form her and following Peter's lead. Suddenly I hear multiple wolves howl in the distance, they were getting closer.

We started to cross a little path down the hill that led up on the ice of the now melting river.

Peter carefully put a foot out in front of him he tested out a part of the ice, but it cracked and he quickly retreated.

"Wait. Maybe I should go first." Mr. Beaver said holding his hands out for us to stop walking. 

"Maybe you should." Peter agreed and Mr. Beaver took a step forward. Using his tail, Mr. Beaver patted out the ice to test how sturdy it was and slowly began to move across the ice.

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?" Mrs. Beaver asked when a part of the ice cracked. 

"Well, you never know which meal's gonna be your last." Mr. Beaver argued turning to look at his wife.