Chapter 2 (Natalie)

"Cut the red wire!!! Quick"
"What!?!? Are you crazy!?!? Noo! We can't take the risk"
"Mark is right. It is not safe" The beeping sound grew louder and after a short while it stopped and BOOM!

I opened my eyes and gave a small gasp. I turned off the stupid alarm. My shirt was all sweaty, so was my pillow cover."NATALIA STEWART!!! CAN'T YOU TURN OFF THAT GODAMN ALARM!!" my brother bellowed from downstairs. He is a total dipshit who doesn't care about anything except himself. "THE GODAMN ALARM WAS TURNED OFF TEN MINUTES AGO!!" I screamed back. Dad was making pancakes silently.
Me and Jonathan have been annoying him for the last 12 years or so. When I came down the stairs my dad commented -"You know I always wonder what is the terrible sin I committed to have you two as my kids!" "You know dad Karma's a 100% that bitch" interrupted Jonathan. Dad grinned. I didn't believe in the past-life karma theory but I do believe that it's true for your current life. Whatever you do, comes back to you whether wrong or right.
I took an apple from the counter which made me realise how hungry I had been all night. "Where's your favourite WILL huh?" Jonathan asked. I rolled my eyes a little bit too aggressively which made the sides of my pupils hurt.
The pancakes were ready and my brain already generated a humongous amount of dopamine. I finished off my breakfast, washed the dishes, had a hair picking fight with Jonathan and finally went upstairs to my room.
My room had this weird happy-sad vibe which was really depressing but somehow managed to make me happy at the same time. Surprisingly, my dad entered my room after a short while and asked me if I was fine. I, obviously lied and said everything was fine and that there is nothing to worry about. "But you looked really pale this morning. Listen Nat I know that you guys are too old share things with me now. But I am your father and if something is wrong you can tell me" he said in a very concerned tone. I assured him several times that I was completely fine until he became convinced and left the room.
I texted Marla and asked her if she wanted to go out as I had only 10 days left for my fall break to get over. I didn't have a lot of holiday homework to catch up on as I completed most of it during the first 7 days. So, uni work was the least of my problem now. Plus, I hadn't had a lot of time lately to go out and have fun with my friends.
Ever since I got accepted in MIT, I had stopped worrying about my social life and focused fully on my future. I was gonna major in computer science and engineering and then work my ass off again to get a job as a programmer in NASA. Luckily I had no problem getting decent grades in my examinations, till now.

I took my dad's Prius ( because I don't have my own car yet)

I picked up Marla from café blue.
"So you and that busboy are still together huh?" I asked half laughing.

"He's a good guy nat. Once you get to actually know him you'll understand why I like him" . Marla defended him.

"What is so special about him anyway??? Is it the curly hair or the dreamy eyes?? Oh wait! don't answer that. I know exactly why you like him!!"

I once had walked in on them making out in the kitchen. It wasn't a pretty sight.

" Can we just not discuss about my love life right now!?!? I'm sick of you judging me all the fricking time! Besides, we have bigger problems to be worrying about." Marla replied clearly infuriated. Her sky blue eyes looked tired as if she had many sleepless nights, unlike me who has been having perfectly sound sleep without any pills which I was compelled to use before.

"Gosh!! Who even listens to Justin Bieber these days!! He's so 2012-ish." Marla said, fiddling with the radio.

I parked the car and together we went to watch whatever movie there was to watch in the mall.

We ended up watching the "ZOMBIES EAT BRAINS". Wasn't exactly an interesting movie.
Anyways, we had lunch in kfc. I hadn't had a kfc burger in such a long time, I had literally forgotten what it tasted like.
After lunch we went to the park. I called up Will and asked him to join us. Surely enough he showed up.
Me and Will sat down on a bench whereas Marla decided to join the little kids who were swinging in the swings.
Will brought his sketch book and he was drawing Marla and the rest of the children playing in the park. The wind blew on my face and Will's, gently  ruffling our hair. Marla was literally playing like a kindergarten student, Will was drawing. So I decided to make myself busy and continue reading "The martian". Okay, so I was obviously obsessed with space fiction novels. These books had a huge impact on my career-plans for the future.

"Windy today, huh?" Will said looking up from his sketch book.

"Yeah, it's nice" I replied sarcastically. The wind was icy of course and I'm not a big fan of freezing temperatures.

Marla was enjoying with the kids. She opened her shrug revealing a black top with short sleeves. She didn't seem to be bothered by the cold at all.

" Tomorrow we have to go to Latona remeber ??? with my mom in her old cottage" Will reminded.

I had completely forgotten about that. Tomorrow was the 1st October.

"Of course I  remember." I lied.