We almost die.

So remember how I really really really really hoped that Natalie understood my message?

Well, those reallies didn't go to waste.

Sure enough, in a fraction of a second I could see a shoe of white canvas hitting the guy with a mask.

Fortunately, I was alive.
Unfortunately, the other guy who had the sack, escaped.

Wait....was Marla a kung fu teacher?

"Where's your mother?" Marla asked.

Good point.

"The other guy" I said to Marla."He escaped"

Natalie scanned the room. She tucked her hair behind her ear. Her candid eye brows crunched and she bit her lip, the way she always did when she was immensely thinking about something. This, in my opinion is one of the cutest things about her.

"Have you had any stalkers lately?" Nat asked in a full-on serious mode.

"Stalkers? "

"Any person in particular who has been watching over you and your mother?"

"Uh no-"

For the first time ever, Natalie looked scared. Like really scared.

A voice that seemed like it was coming from a megaphone made the three of us jump!

The voice went like- "Natalie and Marla, it would be wise if you send the boy to us. Unless the THREE of you have a death wish. Just so you know, I burned both your cars. I'll give you 5 minutes to get out."

The situation is gettin' wayyy toooo serious. Heck, both nat and Marla could die BECAUSE of me!!!

But as you know, in books and movies, how the protagonist always does something heroic like save the princess or sacrifice himself for his friend?

Yeahhhhh , can't do that.

"What's the plan?" I asked stupidly. But hey! Can you blame me? Natalie is a 10000× times smarter than I am.

"We can talk it out?" Marla suggested.

"He is clearly not stupid. We can't outsmart him. But we can kill him."
Natalie said.

"Sooo, how do we proceed?" I asked.

"I don't know! Throw a knife or something?!?" Nat suggested.

"That, is your wonderful plan? To kill the guy by throwing a knife? What if you missed and hit my mom instead!"
I snapped, getting angry now.

Natalie didn't get silent or anything like a normal person would. She defended herself saying that-

"Will, I'm TRYING to help you here!! It would be nice if you'd be the one coming up with the ideas. "

"Guys stop!" Marla said breaking our argument."Any minute now, the guy will himself come inside the house and take Will by force."

"He has a gun." I blurted out.

Both Natalie and Marla gasped.

"WHAT!!!?!?" They said at the same time.

The voice started the count down.

"30 seconds left. 29,28,27,26-"

"QUICKK COME UP WITH SOMETHING!!!!" I bellowed

"I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING RIGHT NOW!!!" Natalie bellowed

"THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAYY!!!!". Marla bellowed.

The situation was so pathetically sad that it was almost funny.

The count down ended.

"Now what?" I asked.

As if on cue, a bullet went through the window and hit the utensil, missing Marla by inches.

"Now we know he's a good shooter!" Marla decided, her body was still quivering.

"Didn't he just miss?" I asked.

"Noo idiot! He was trying to show us how good he is with a gun." Nat aswered.

"Was that sarcasm?"

"NOOO, It isn't!!!" Nat irritably said.

The voice was obviously bored and angry by now. It said-" okay, have it your way."

Three bullets hit our cabin, destroying all of the china cups.

"Quuiiickk!! We have to get out of here!!!" I stated the obvious.

"Are there any secret doors or somethin like that in here??" Natalie asked.

I led the both of them to the back door which was sealed from outside. Shoott!!!

The bullets got more aggressive.

We were running out of options here.