Latona.

Hey everyone, just wanted to let y'all know that the place Latona , lake Io, mount Narcissus are all fictional!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We reached after 2 and a half hours.

The weather changed drastically as we drove through the mountain narcissus.

I was way beyond glad to finally get out of the car. The small area of Latona had a beautiful mist, Cold but mild.

I walked to my mom's cottage, followed by Nat and Marla. From the cottage, you could see the waters of the lake Io, surrounded by Mount Narcissus. The fog on top of the mountains looked magical. The lake was covered with autumn leaves that fell on it from the nearby trees. There was also a cemetery a few blocks  away from the cottage near the lake.

We kept our things in our respective rooms. Me and Natalie took a room upstairs whereas mom and Marla took a room downstairs.

         I noticed after a while that Mom developed  different kind of fondness towards Marla after she heard that Marla was a law student. Even, Marla felt privileged to be talking to my mom.

"Oh! oh! oh! And that article where you wrote that cancer could be prevented by genetic modification. It could actually work against a lot of diseases!!" Marla told my mom in glee.

"Yeah, that's what I've been trying to tell that arrogant of a chief in my hospital. He doesn't support my research. I even conducted a program trying to spread awareness-"

"Of auto-immune diseases, I know!!" Marla finished my mom's sentence. She looked AND sounded way too happy and cheerful.

Natalie eyed the both of them as she was taking some of her bags upstairs,  frowning.

My mom laughed at a law student meme that Marla showed her from her phone

After they chatted for about five more minutes sitting in the dining table, mom went to the kitchen. She decided to make mixed vegetables.

Natalie offered to help her cook but my mom instantly refused.

"You guys can go to the nearby lake. Light a bonfire, drink some hot tea, exchange horror stories. C'mon!!! You won't get this kind of opportunity in juno, will you?" My mom advised cheerfully.

Now I'm absolutely sure that My mom is completely insane and bipolar. One moment she'll be mad and sad and angry and the next moment she'll be all cheery and happy.

As directed, me , Nat and Marla went to hang near the lake. The sky was grey unlike Juno, where the sun was probably shining overhead.

I saw the time on my watch. It was 12 noon. So probably an hour left for lunch.