Chapter 4 ( Will's narration)

Hey everyone ❤️ I hope you guys are having a great day!!! Just wanted to tell you that the following chapter is  Will's pov. I feel like you hardly know him. Anyways, enjoyy!! I'll try my best to make him as likeable as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I helped my mom cook breakfast. We were having breakfast together which was extremely rare. I haven't even  been able to properly  talk to  ever since my fall break started. It's mostly because she's ALWAYS busy. Oh and not to mention, her attitude  towards me has always been cold and distant. So I didn't exactly want to discuss my days with her.

   You see, my mom's a renowned neurosurgeon  in one of the best hospitals in the United States. So naturally, People from ALL over the world come to visit her inorder to receive the best treatment. Hence, she has to work atleast 40 to 60  hours per week and I'm pretty sure you can imagine how hectic that could be.

"Mom"

No response

"MOMM!!"

She glared at me. " What is it?" She asked me in a familiar cold voice.

                    "So, Natalie and her friend are coming with us. You remember that right?"

"Yeah course I remember!" she paused for a moment. "Wait a sec...
Who was Natalie again?" she stuttered.

Great. She can't  remember my girlfriend's name but she has no problem in  memorising the hundreds of disorders her patients suffer from.

"My girlfriend, mom." I replied.

"Oh yeah... sorry I forgot. By the way, how long has your relationship been?" she asked

"About a year" I replied.

"Is she an art student from Harvard  too?" she asked with a hint of disappointment and mock in her voice.

"Nope... She's a computer science student from MIT. She took a few classes of physics in harvard...We met that way.  "

My mother raised her arched brows and exclaimed-" Wow, that's so...I mean wow" I couldn't understand whether she was happy or confused or disappointed. My mother was so complicated that even the world's best face reader wouldn't ever understand her...

"What's so shocking?" I asked innocently, trying to hide the  irritation in my voice. ,"I love her and I'm pretty sure she loves me too."

"It's just that I wonder what a computer science student studying in the world's best University see in you. She replied.

So, another thing...uhm...my mom loves to  take out her frustration on me. That's supposed satisfy her or somethin'..idk

So you see,  My dad was an artist and he was leneant towards us. My brother died by having an alcohol overdose because my dad was too busy in his own world to notice anything and my mom was away due to some research work related stuff.  And that is the reason why my parents got separated. My entire family fell apart.

So , yeah that's why she wanted me to study ANYTHING but art.

My  paintings and drawings always  reminded her of her ex-  husband.

Both of us were ready and she took the BMW. I wanted to drive her to the cottage. But she immediately refused.

"No.. absolutely not! I'll drive by myself...you take the Audi and follow my car. Besides, my car won't have space for the three of you." mom said.

Guess she had a point.

By that time, both Natalie and Marla arrived.

          Marla was wearing her usual  yellow hoodie with black leggings. Her straight  blonde hair was tucked with a bandana and  wore silver hoop earrings. She kind of looked overdressed standing beside Natalie.

       Natalie was was wearing a plain  white T-shirt. Her jacket was tied around her waist. Her curly  brown hair was somehow tied into a wispy ponytail. Thin strands of hair fell  all across her face. In other words, she looked extremely pretty.