Chapter 8.

^Grace^

Max POV

{After Max told Ashton to take the East wing scene}

I rushed to the east wing ready to fight for my pack.

I shifted into my wolf and started fight the rogues.For hours I've been fight them and they're getting stronger a little bit.

I hope we can fight them and finish this war.I want to go back to my future wife.

I fought my hardest.i just need to clarify things if I die in this war.

'James tell Gabrielle I love her if I don't make it' I mind linked him.

'Sir..'he said.

'Just do it!'I growled at him.

Suddenly I being dragged to the forest but since im an alpha I wiggled out easily out of the rogues hold.Next thing there are six wolves surrounding me.

I fought some but they were too much for me to fight alone.

'Gabrielle honey' mind linked her

'Oh Max my love are you okay?'she seemed panicked.

'I love you and our babies okay please Ashton will look after you hopefully goodbye my love' whispered at her.

'Wait Max I love you baby don't leave me'

I closed out mind link and fought the rogues but they were strong.

The rogue from behind came back and ripped out my throat...

Gabrielle's POV

After James and Max mind linked me I started crying I couldn't contact Max anymore.My wolf was crying.My heart felt like it was ripped apart by a claw.My body felt limp.I couple even here anyone anymore.

Does this mean Max is dead?.No that can't be true can it?.

"Honey it's going to be okay"the Queen said softly but I snapped and looked up at her.

"No it's not going to be okay!"i growled at her the I instantly hugged her and cried even more.

"W-w-why does everything ba-bad happen to m-m-me"i hiccuped and chocked at the end.

"Come on don't cry bell"grace patted my back and smiled sympathetically at me.

I cried until tries couldn't come out anymore.

"Oh dear not my son"Clair said{Queen}

I snapped my head at her and she cried on my shoulders.

"What's wrong Clair?"i asked feeling nervous even more.

"Ashton is in a coma"

I gasped and cried even more.Not Ashton..he's to sweet,caring and loving.Everyone in the room was either crying or sniffing which made me angry for some odd reason.

"Can you all just shut up!"i growled out and cried even more.

"I'm sorry it's just being pregnant and all that.."I chocked at the end and cried even more

Hours and hours pasted by until we all left for hour homes except Clair of corse.

Sleeping on the bed was the darkest thing I could ever do his sent was all over making me think of him.Max was my second love and I loved him so much it hurt.

I didn't sleep on my side of Thebes today I slept on max's said of the bed.

(2 weeks later)

Gabrielle's POV

It's been 2 weeks after Max was killed in a rogue attack.Its been 2 weeks after Ashton was in a coma.Its been 2 weeks that I spent most of the day sleeping,eating and doing Max's pack business and visiting Ashton at the hospital.I may not be Alpha material but Michael Max's beta helps me out.Its been 2 weeks since I ever laughed or smiled.Everyone tries to help me out by making me laugh but then it fades away at the end.

I was walking to the pack hospital ready to see Ashton again for the 3rd time today.I still some how love him even though he mated to someone else.I also learned that he wasn't dating Emily anymore.

"Hi Ms Smith how are you again"the nurse said smiling at me.i laughed a little.

"I'm okay"i said trying to stop the conversation to go any further.

"I'm sorry"she said and walked away.I kinda felt bad that I just did that to her.

"Hey!Miss"i said she turned her head and looked at me.

"You wouldn't mind if you would come with me to go see Ashton"i asked.She only nodded and we headed to Ashton's room.

"Hey baby I miss you so much"i said and kissed Ashton's cold pale forehead.

Nurse Rosey was keeping me company.I learn that she has a mate and 3 children that are all in senior year this year.We would laugh and talk but then she had to go back because they needed her somewhere else.

"The babies just kicked!"i squealed out.I took Ashton's cold hands and rested them on my baby bump.I only sighed knowing he could even respond or me but somehow I knew he was listening to me.

Later that day I slept on his bed and wrapped his arms around me making me feel safe a little.Even though he was cold somehow I felt warmer in his arms.I kissed his chest and then kissed his chapped lips.

"Ow sweety"Clair {Queen} said and Xavier {king}.

I woke up and looked at them and smiled sadly.

"Why are you here you need to go sleep love"Xavier said.

"I don't want to go I need to be in Ashton's arms plea.."I couldn't finish my sentence because I began to cry.

"Oh shoo it's okay love"Clair hugged me and kissed my forehead.

We talked and fell asleep after eating dinner.