Awake

Superboy was confused. What could Flash be doing here? His attention returned to the yellow suited speedster shifting nervously in front of him. Superboy sighed. "You can sit down." Finch snapped his wandering attention back to Superboy.

   "Yeah. I can sit. That is a thing." He responded stupidly and the half-kryptonian had to strongly resist the urge to roll his eyes, a habit he picked up from Artemis.

   "Sit down." Superboy commanded. Finch just nodded and sat on the couch. He relaxed instantly and looked like he was moments away from passing out, so Superboy simply sat in an armchair to keep an eye on him. He extended his hearing, and despite previous reprimanding from M'gann on doing this, he started listening in on the two adult hero's conversation .

   "-made me get up at six!" Flash's voice came, sounding highly exasperated. "You should know better than to go into an interrogation alone, and against a kid?!" There was a sound that Superboy decided was Batman signing at the Scarlet Speedster.

   "I was given nothing better to do with my time, and no one else was doing anything on the situation. He would not have escaped, and using his worry and fatigue to get answers seemed like an effective tactic, so-"

   "And threatening the life of his young, unconcious, injured, boyfriend was!?" Flash most certainly had a death wish, interrupting the Batman, but had Batman really threatened Finch with that? It would explain Batman's pointed looks at the kid and his subdued manner.

   "Yes. It was. I got my answers, including the fact that he figured out your secret identity, which we will talk about." Batman growled. Another sigh, but this time from Flash.

   "Yeah. We'll talk about that later. With the rest of the League, and also discuss the stunt of forcing Finch onto the team. He's a Gotham criminal! You hate letting us get anywhere near your villains, and now you're practically shoving him into the League's care!" A long suffering sigh came from the tired speedster. "We'll talk about this with the rest of the main Leaguers, like teams are supposed to do. We can leave him with Superboy, Miss Martian, Aqualad, and Artemis, whenever she shows up. But until then, Batsy, we are all going to have a nice, long, honest, chat."

   "I agree." Batman rumbled, a bit of a surprise to Superboy. "With all but their status as Gotham villains. I'll share my gathered information on the subject during the meeting."

   Batman, 02. Flash, 04.

   Their announced departure left the cave in silence. Aqualad and Miss Martian would be up soon, and then all the non-humans could deal with their guest together. His eyes focused back on Finch, who was lying on his back on the couch, one arm on his chest and the other dangling off the side and his feet hanging over the armrest of the couch, dead asleep. The masked teen almost looked peaceful, even with the inhibitor collar on his neck. So for now, Superboy would do what he was worst at, and wait.

************************************Time skip*************************************

   Superboy continued to stare at the fast asleep teen, despite the clanking from the kitchen as M'gann flew around idly, rambling to herself. The other two residents of the cave's reactions at Finch passed out on their couch were very different from the other's. Aqualad done a spit take with his hot chocolate, a morning routine he had fallen into living with the landwellers, when he saw Finch on the couch. It was strange to see the dignified Aqualad's face in one of pure shock as Superboy calmly explained the situation as Finch dozed on. M'gann had simply floated in with a slightly surprised, but resigned expression. After Aqualad's extreme reaction, Superboy had decided to intercept the Martian in the hallway to the living area. She still seemed slightly occupied, and even Superboy could see that she wanted to talk (read: apologize) to Finch. Aqualad had taken up diligence with Superboy as he sat with a book in hand when both boy's attention was drawn to a small gasp. Finch was sitting up with silent tears evident in his face (when did that happen?). Finch gulped and looked at the two of them with a shaky grin.