Trust

The mountain was once again quiet in the night, it's inhabitants sleeping except for two teens, one of which was pacing around the room they were locked in. Dick ran a hand through his frazzled hair and looked at Wally with his exposed blue eyes. After triple checking the room for cameras, they had decided they could be themselves here. "I don't- I just don't know. We've never told anyone else! Not even the Dark Knight knows! Good job on the DNA scrambler thing, but are we going to let that go to waste? It's just been us for five years! I've already thrown a wrench at that, are we going to totally negate it by telling them our real names?" Dick continued his pacing as he had been doing for the past half-hour at Wally's suggestion.

   "I know babe. And I don't want to throw away those years either, but we're here! With the heroes, and we're going to stay with them too! We can be heroes now, but I don't want to build that trust on a lie." Wally said back. Dick nodded. Neither liked argueing, years ago they had agreed to always articulate their thoughts as they came.

   "I'm scared, Wally. What if your uncle takes you away? What if they just completely reject us? I know they won't do it, but I can't shake the feeling that if we tell, everything will go away. I don't want to be alone." Dick wrapped his arms around himself in an attempt for comfort. Wally stood up from his place sitting on the bed and hugged the smaller boy.

   "I know you're scared. I won't ever invalidate those feelings. And you know I'll always come for you, nothing can keep me away." Wally kisses the top of Dick's head. "I won't leave you alone, and now we have friends too. I understand if you don't want to say anything, but I really want to tell them. How about this, I tell them my identity only and you can hold onto yours until you want to." Dick shook his head.

   "They'll learn the DNA scramble is fake and then learn mine soon after. No matter what, we'll have to do it together, but I don't like keeping you from what you want to do. But I'm just really scared Wally, please understand." Dick begged, turning around to look up into Wally's eyes.

   "I know Dick. But I really, really want to do this. Can you do it for me? Please?" Wally asked. He buried his face in Dick's hair and they just stood in each other's arms for a while. Dick slowly pulled away.

   "I... Need time to think. I need to get out for a little. I'm going to hack the zetas, go for a walk, and just... Think, okay? I'll be back, okay? I'll always be back." Wally nodded in understanding. Despite Dick's fear of being alone, he always found the best answers when he could be alone in his own head. Wally was very used to this.

   "I understand, babe. How are you going to get out? Door's locked." Wally said in a challenging tone. Dick smirked and out his mask on, becoming Robin.

   "Magic." Robin said, knowing fully well Wally didn't believe in magic, or so he said even after the Helmet of Fate incident. Wally rolled his eyes before pulling up his hood.

   "Sure. Right. Hacker magic?" Finch asked teasingly. Robin stuck out his tongue at Finch and Finch did the same. Robin walked over to the side of the room and took off the grate covering the vent. "They didn't block those? Tut, we're going to have to teach these heroes a thing or two." Finch teased. Robin reached into the vent and pulled out his hologloves.

   "I planted these here when I was left behind for the Clayface thing. Knew I'd have to use them sooner or later." Robin explained at Finch's surprised face. Robin pulled the gloves on.

   "Speaking of which, how are your wounds?"

   "Still a bit tender, but way better. I think they gave me some kind of accelerated healing agent. Helpful, but I know nothing comes without consequences, I'll just have to check what they are later." Robin pulled up the holoscreen and not moments later the door made a clicking sound, signalling it unlocking. "I put the security cameras on loop, so if I get caught, it won't be for a while. I'll be back soon, babe." Robin stood on his tip-toes and kissed Finch on his cheek. Robin waltzed out the door and through the mountain to the zeta tubes. Where to... Gotham, of course. Robin inputted the co-ordinates, made sure the zeta tubes would stay silent on this end, and walked through.