Together

"Hey Kaldur." Kaldur heard Finch greet him casually as he entered the living room. Kaldur had been worried when Flash had informed them of the midnight-walk-turned-kidnapping of Robin, but Kaldur was reassured by the light tone Finch used when he emerged from the med bay in the early morning hours. Kaldur turned as he took a sip of his morning hot chocolate to greet Finch, but as soon as he did he spat out what he had just drank. Finch looked no different than usual, but there was one glaring problem that made Kaldur do a spit-take at the sight of Finch the second time since he had met him.

   "My-my friend. You are missing something, are you aware of that?" Kaldur averted his eyes like he was seeing something indecent, but in fact all he was looking at was Finch; maskless. Kaldur had no clue why he would do such a thing, or if he even did it on purpose. For what possible reason could he be doing this when so far they had been adamant on keeping their identities secret? Finch chuckled at Kaldur's shocked expression.

   "Yup! We're going to tell you out identities today! But can we wait a bit? Your reaction was hilarious so I want to see what the others will do." Kaldur nodded numbly, but a part of him was very excited. He would finally learn more about their most mysterious (and apparently accident prone) teammates. Part of him wondered how Finch managed to convince Robin, but all he could currently think about was the trust that was being given to them.

   "And perhaps once you do, I will be able to convince Batman to get rid of the collars as they are no longer needed, thankfully." Kaldur said happily. Finch beamed at Kaldur and Kaldur smiled back.

   "Sounds like a plan." Robin stated as he walked out from the hallway behind Finch and into the living room. His entire right arm was covered in white bandages and held in a sling to prevent aggravation of his shoulder wound. For a moment, Kaldur's breath was taken away. Robin's eyes were the purest cerulean blue, almost seeming to rival the oceans Kaldur came from.

   "Your eyes are beautiful, my friend. I must admit, they were not what I was expecting."

   "Thanks Kaldur. I love to surprise." Robin replied, though Kaldur could've sworn there was a slightly sad undertone to his words. Kaldur quickly shook off this notion at the bright grin Robin gave to Finch. "Conner should be up by now, I'm eager to see his reaction." Finch nodded, grinning back.

   "Sit down, I don't want you to aggravate your wounds. As long as I'm here, you won't be moving around too much." Finch sat Robin on the couch, and Kaldur briefly thought he saw Robin have a melancholy look. His attention was drawn to Conner walking into the room. Kaldur watched as Conner gave a triple take to the sight in the couch, each time glancing over with a more furrowed brow.

   "Surprise!" Finch gave jazz hands to Conner who just shook his head and walked into the kitchen muttering something that to Kaldur sounded like, 'should I really be surprised?' M'gann, when she entered the room later was much more enthusiastic. She squealed and practically launched herself at Robin. Her enthusiasm was slightly curved when Robin yelped at the contact with his right arm. M'gann settled for holding Robin's left hand excitedly.

   "You're eyes are so blue! You're so cute!" She enthused, seeming to look over every inch of his face. Robin grumbled slightly at being called cute, but Kaldur and Finch just smirked. Artemis came in later, and didn't even seem to notice the two until she had her morning coffee. That didn't surprise the team as they had seen her early morning stupors. Her reaction, like M'gann's, was extreme but in an entirely different way. Halfway through her mug, she glanced over at the living room and spat out what she had.

   "WHAT THE FUCK!?" She yelled loudly and directly next to Conner, much to Conner's displeasure.

   "Who has two thumbs and is going to reveal their identities to the heroes? Both of us!" Finch grinned and wrapped an arm around Robin's waist. Robin smiled at the show of affection, but nobody noticed when it fell to make way for a more sad expression. Artemis's face spasmed through several expressions of shock, trying to gauge the appropriate reaction. She simply settled for a mumbled,