an electric guitar

Reader's POV

Five rummaged through the shelf next to the fridge, angrily tossing and pushing food items aside as Klaus and I watched from our seats at the table. Allison walked in and tossed her jacket on a chair off to the side.

"Where's Vanya?"

"Oh, she's gone." Klaus said as he held an electric guitar close to his chest.

I recognized it as my old electric guitar I'd gotten for my 12th birthday from the Hargreeves siblings in secret. Vanya helped teach me the basics to playing an instrument, but we only ever practiced when Mr. Hargreeves was out. It was our way of spending time together separate from the others.

"That's unfortunate." Five turned around, holding an empty cylinder container.

"Yeah"

"An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee." He said with distaste.

"Dad hated caffeine."

"Well, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us!" Klaus laughed before eyeing his siblings cautiously.

"I'm taking the car." Five said.

"Where are you going?" Klaus unfolded his legs and set my guitar down.

"To get a decent cup of coffee."

"Do you even know how to drive?" Allison asked.

"I know how to do everything." Five defended.

I stood up and pushed in my chair. "I'll come too."

"No you won't." Five said before teleporting away before I could get to him.

"I feel like we should try and stop him, but then again, I also just... kinda want to see what happens." Klaus stood up, staggering.

The sound of the engine starting was heard from outside. I found and ran out to catch up with Five before he could leave me. The rain had stopped, but it was still cold. I rubbed the sides of my arms and knocked on the glass window with an annoyed expression.

"Open up, dumbass."

Five frowned, "I told you no."

"Too bad. You have no say in what I do."

Five grimaced and began driving away. I stood there, a bit stunned by his actions, but I was used to it by now. I sighed angrily and walked back inside the academy.

'Fourty-five years of nonsense and he still doesn't listen to me...'

I walked back into the kitchen to see Allison standing alone.

"Where's Klaus?" I asked, looking around.

"He left with Diego." She answered quietly.

Something was up, I could tell. I doubted she'd want to discuss it at the moment, though. It had been a long day for all of us, and the look of Allison's face hinted that she had a lot to think about. I sighed and picked up my guitar off of the table.

I smiled softly, "Do you remember when I first played an actual song with Vanya?"

"How could I forget? We we all so suprised." Allison huffed in amusement.
__________

Flashback

3rd POV

"Pogo, could you help me with something?" (Y/n) asked excitingly as she clutched electric guitar close to her.