dynamic duo

TW: slight mentions of blood and wounds

Reader's POV

"This is it." I mumbled to Five as we climbed out of the van and began walking towards the empty store.

It was dark outside, the only light emitting from a few poles in the parking lot. Thunder rumbled in the background as rain fell gently with a soft "pitter patter" sound. Five took a quick glance inside through the glass sliding doors before turning to me.

"C'mon, (Y/n)." He linked arms with me and we teleported inside.

Five glanced around the room once more before beginning to walk down the dimly lit aisles. The lights from the counters create a blue hue that projected onto the ceiling. It's wasn't enough light to see anything thoroughly, but I could still make out the different objects in the room. I drifted away from Five and towards one of the stands and picked up two flashlights. I handed one to Five and we clicked them on simultaneously.

"Here, let's spread out." I whispered and Five nodded in response. Five began exploring the left side, shining his light over a group of mannequins modeling some clothes, while I did the same on the right side of the store. Five gravitated towards a particular set of three mannequins.

"Found her." He called out over his shoulder as he shined his light on the middle one like a spotlight.

I smiled and rushed across the store to where Five stood. "Delores." We said in union. Five's expression softened and he smiled.

"It's good to see you." He began, "We've missed you... obviously. Well... I... It's been a rough couple of days."

"You can't even begin to imagine how hard it's been without you..." I laughed dryly.

Suddenly two figures popped up out of nowhere behind Delores and began firing machine guns.

"NO!" Five screamed as he pulled be to the ground.

I gasped and quickly formed a shield with my right hand over us as we ducked. Five pulled me up and we scurried behind a clothing rack off to the side as the bullets made impact with Delores' body. Her torso and head collapsed to the ground with a soft thud.

"Fuck." I mumbled under my breath as Five and I continued to crawl down the isles.

Five peered out to get a better look at our attackers. "Oh shit, it's them." He quickly made a run for Delores while I did my best to hold my shield in tact over him from my hiding spot. Five dragged her back over and layed her down gently before looking up at me.

"We gotta split." I said between pants, "I'll cover you."

Five darted towards one direction while I ran the other way. It was a bit difficult to manage both of our shields from a father distance, but what choice did I have? The attacker with a pink dog mask, who I presumed was Cha-Cha, followed Five while still shooting, while Hazel attempted to locate me. Five jumped from isle to isle while I crawled across the floor. Suddenly bullets came flying in my direction and I quickly disbanded Five's shield and used both hands to cover myself for the moment, throwing Hazel off my trail again.

"You see that?" Cha-Cha said.

"You said they were special. So now what?" Hazel responded from across the room.