rooftop conversations

AN: We are getting so close to some major events of the story and honestly I'm really hyped to write the next few chapters. This one is a bit shorter than normal! I usually listen to music while planning out chapters, so any song recommendations?

3rd POV

"The roof? Really? Was the hallway too good for you, Number Five?" (Y/n) said as she sat down at the edge, letting her legs dangle off the side.

Five didn't reply and sat down next to (Y/n). The girl turned to him expectantly.

"Well?"

Five ignored her and stared down at the street.

(Y/n) sighed angrily, "C'mon, Five. I know you didn't bring me up here to watch a romantic sunrise or some shit."

"You don't know that. What if I just wanted to have a nice moment alone with you?" Five mocked.

"What's this about, Five!? Your starting to really piss me off with how... weird you've been. One night your talking about late night drives and then next your telling me you don't wanna be partners anymore--"

"I know," Five interrupted, "and I'm sorry... I've got a lot on my plate right now. So," He turned and adjusted his position. "Let's talk."

(Y/n) huffed, "Oh wow, are we gonna talk about our nonexistent plan to save the world and the romantic undertones of our relationship now?"

"Yes."

(Y/n) was thrown off guard, "Wait what? Really?"

"Yes, now let's talk before I change my mind." Five said impatiently.

"Holy shit, uhm, okay. Start us off, Five."

Five sighed, "If you had a choice to stay in the future with me or--," He paused and chose his next words carefully. "Or be able to live out the rest of your childhood with my brothers and sisters, which would you choose?"

"Damn, we're really diving in deep." (Y/n) half laughed.

"Answer the question, dumbass." Five's expression was more serious than usual, and (Y/n) realized that this was a legitimate question.

She let out a shaky breath and pulled out a page she'd torn out of their copy of Vanya's book, containing the beginning of the 2nd equation Five worked on. "I'm guessing that's what this was all about?"

Five snatched the page from her hands, his eyebrows knitting together in frustration. He crumbled up the page and messily shoved it in his pocket. "How long have you known?"

"Found out yesterday while the two himbos and I were searching for you." (Y/n) replied calmly.

The lack of emotion in her reaction irked Five. Why wasn't she angry? He had been hiding this major secret from her for years.

"Well?" Five urged.

"Well what?"

He scoffed, "Why aren't you fighting me like you always do? Aren't you upset?"

"It doesn't matter what I tell you, Five," (Y/n) shook her head and looked up at Five, "You'll do whatever the hell you want, anyways. I'm done fighting with you."

"Are you saying you think I don't listen to you?"

"No, I know you don't listen to me. You never do!" (Y/n) frowned.

"I listen to you when you're right." Five tilted his head to the side with a skeptical look.

"No, Number Five," (Y/n) jabbed his chest with her pointer finger, "you listen to me when it's convenient for you."