o1

A/N: Hi everyone! welcome to my next fanfiction. it's marellinh, and i was suggested this ship by @No_NotYourSP_Demon !!

⚠️WARNING!⚠️ THIS FIC IS A LOT DIFFERENT THAN FOREVER AND FATE. THOSE WERE FLUFFY BOOKS. THIS ISN'T QUITE SO FLUFFY.
it's a high school au where some of the main characters are part of the lgbtq+ community. so, that's kinda self explanatory in itself.
there's also a lot stronger language, and a couple of things that might be triggering, so i'll do my best to give warnings at the beginning of all my authors notes as needed.

i don't quite know why i wanted to write a book like this, but since our narrator is marella, the angsty mood just kinda flowed naturally?

ALSO FITZ IS A MEGA JERK FOR A WHILE BUT DON'T HATE HIM IN KOTLC BUT I GIVE YOU FULL PERMISSION TO HATE HIM IN THIS FIC

⚠️WARNING!⚠️ Chapter contains language and slight mentions of abusive relationships

okay with that enjoy reading! xx
(chapter word count: 1439)  

"I swear I'm going to kill someone before the school year ends," Marella Redek ranted as she stood in the lunch line with her two best friends. Sophie Foster shook her head lightly.

"What happened this time?" she asked.

"The usual. Someone was getting bullied. I butted my way in. Then I was the one that got detention, and the person who freaking started it got off the hook no problem!" Sophie frowned.

"Who was bullying who? Wait, that's none of my business. I'm sorry." Marella bit her bottom lip, debating whether or not to tell her friend.

Because the bully had been Fitz Vacker. Who happened to be Biana Vacker's older brother. And Biana Vacker happened to be Marella's other best friend.

Biana seemed to catch on because of Marella's growing silence.

"Oh my god. It wasn't-" She couldn't finish her sentence. Marella chose to ignore her realization as she took the lunch that was being given out that day. Chicken nuggets that had probably been frozen and then thawed out thirty minutes before lunch, carrot sticks, and squishy apple slices. Ew.

They made their way to an empty table in the room, and Biana finished the question she couldn't earlier.

"It was my brother, wasn't it?" Marella glanced down at her tray, half-frozen chicken nuggets swirling in her stomach as she felt guilt for someone who she shouldn't feel any remorse for.

"Yeah," she said quietly. She glanced up after half a second, meeting Biana's teal eyes, which hardened quickly.

"He promised me he'd be nicer."

"If it makes you feel any better, he doesn't listen even when Keefe asks him to stop," Sophie tried, placing a hand on Biana's shoulder. She moved away lightly, nudging her tray away from her.

"Soph, I love you and Keefe and all, but Fitz doesn't exactly want to take advice from Keefe still. I'm surprised they still hang out."

"Still? Can't he grow up? It's been six months. He had a whole summer to get over it and find a new girl," Marella blurted, feeling the anger from earlier towards the senior with dark brown hair and teal eyes.

He and Sophie had been the "it" couple from about November of last year to March, but Sophie broke up with him a month before the Spring Formal. And Marella knew exactly why. Not even Biana knew the truth.

It was because the relationship had started to become abusive. For the first few weeks they were the most perfect couple in the world. Being around them made Marella want to vomit kittens and sunshine. But then they got comfortable in the relationship, and it took a turn for the worse. Fitz started going off on Sophie when she did something that minorly inconvenienced him. And she tried to fight back, but he just kept pushing. He wanted her to still do whatever he asked whenever he asked, but Sophie was better than that. So, she called it off before it got too dangerous, or before she lost the nerve to end it.