2

C L A R Y ' S   P O I N T   O F   V I E W 

The flight was longer than I had expected. A lot longer

I had left yesterday around lunchtime and am now only arriving in New York now. Oh, by the way its Wednesday, around 9am. 

(D I S C L A I M E R)

I have no idea if that is accurate to actual flight times from Shanghai to NY

On the flight over, I was extremely anxious and I just really wanted to get out of that metal coffin. I however, slept for a lot of the ride, so that was one good thing about the flight. 

I  got off the jet about an hour ago and got escorted to the New York Institute by someone my dad had organised. 

I stepped out of the limo, and was astounded by this amazing building that stood in front of me.

There were two great big gates that seemed to be laced with some sort of shimmery and shiny like metal, perhaps gold. The building itself was absolutely breathtaking. It looked like some sort of majestic and mystical church. There were 3 large pillars that went into the sky. The building was surrounded by vibrant, colourful and bright trees, flowers and plants galore. There were tall lamp posts and park benches surrounding the building as well. This place was practically the exact opposite to my home. The gloomy, dark and empty fortress that I called home.

I was quickly snapped out of my gaze by the alarming sound of my driver closing the trunk of the car and wheeling me my suitcase

"Is this all, Miss Fray"

He asked, emphasis on the 'Fray' , which let me know who he really was and that my father really did organize him. 

I just gave him a sweet enough glare and smiled, replying with...

"Indeed, thank you for the ride!"

He returned the smile and then said...

"Oh, one more thing. Your father requested I give you this..."

I looked at him, confused and questioned...

"Well dont keep a girl waiting"

"Oh, sorry. Sorry miss. Uhm, here you are"

And with that, he gracefully handed me a ring.

It was absolutely gorgeous. 

It was a ring that seemed to wrap around your finger. At the top, there was a diamond encrusted in it and at the bottom of the swirl, there was the letter 'M'. It was a stunning gold ring that looked absolutely darling! I felt myself gasp at its beauty when he first showed it to me.

I picked it up from his palm and inspected it further and on the inside, I was able to see that there was something engraved in it.  

Morgenstern