Chapter 5

The time was getting closer and all Alex could think was how that date would go and what would happen. She has never been on a date that she wanted before and that was leaving her pretty nervous. It was all new to her and she was scared of messing up. She didn't want to go too fancy but she didn't want to go too casual so, since it was an amazing night of summer she decided to put some black shorts and some collants to make her legs look a little more tanned since she was a pretty white girl, yet whenever she could catch some sun, she would get really tan. For her upper part, she decided to put a purple and white shirt, giving a knot at the end of it, making the outfit look a little more young and cool. To finish that look she put her short black boots that had a little of heel, which made her look a little bigger, even though she was still a short girl. Since she took a shower, she decided to let her hair dry naturally, making her keep it loose. A little of perfume and some simple makeup and she was ready to leave. She would walk to the Milkshake, so she needed to go with time or else she would get there tired and sweaty and that was something she didn't want. With all those thoughts she decided to get her things and then she made her way downstairs where she could hear what was happening already.

- Thank God you showed up. - Her mom said quickly as she heard Alex coming down the stairs. - I need your help.

- Mom, I have things marked and I can't get late. - She said looking at her as she heard a laughter coming from the living room.

- You're going out with whose authorization? - A male voice said as he walked to the stairs to see her and see how she was dressed. - And you think you are leaving like that?? - He asked her as he laughed sarcastically.

- Did you forget I have 20 years?? – She asked confused. – Since when do you talk about my clothes??

- You are not leaving the house like that. – He said serious as he kept on drinking from his Whisky bottle.

- I really have to go mom. – Said Alex ignoring what he said, ending up walking towards Susan to give her a kiss. – Don't wait for me because I will get late. – She said, warning them already.

- Honey... - Whispered Susan as she kissed Alex, knowing that things weren't be good at home.

- I told you, you are not going to leave the house. – Said Tom as he held Alex's arm strongly, knowing he would mark her.

- What do you think you are doing?? – Asked Alex quickly as she saw how strongly he was holding her arm. – I am not 8 anymore. You should get that in your head. I do what I want and don't come with the bullshit that I still leave under your roof because I wanted to come here alone so you wouldn't worry anymore.

- And you say you aren't a kid right?? – He asked her laughing at her face. – You shouldn't be 20 at all!! Let along 8! You shouldn't be nothing at all!

At that moment, Alex looked at him, still being surprised by his words, which made her try to contain her tears, not letting them know that that affected her.

- Once again throwing that to my face right?? – Asked Alex trying to act good, containing her tears, knowing what he was talking about, still feeling his fingers squeezing her arm, holding her tightly.

- You know what you did and that will keep on hunting you and as long as I can, I will be here to remind you of that. – He said looking at her and showing her a really angry and disgusted look.

- You know what I say to you?? – Asked Alex laughing as the tears started to stream down her face, not holding them anymore. – I am so damn happy she is not here anymore to see the useless man you became. I am glad she is not here to see you all drunk and treating me like trash. I am happy she is gone and she is not suffering because of you.